Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Pennies From Heaven ~ Volume 17 & a winner

Sorry that I haven't been around much. I've been spending time down at Mom's. 
So I do have some of her finishes to share!
Then I need to catch up and share another fun class that I took in May.


"May Basket Welcome Banner"
Design by Primitive Gatherings


"Sweet Spring"
by 1894 Cottonwood House


An original penny mat by Mom.


"Woolen Sunflower"
Design by Buttermilk Basin
kitted by Winterberry Cabin


I love the feather stitching and the buttons!


I had to share Mom's legal case filled with old buttons and pincushions - sew sweet!


And here is a little corner of Mom's sewing room / guest room.
Lucky me, this is what I wake up to when I stay with Mom.


I love all of her "Rebekah L. Smith" finishes - they look so nice together.


I stayed with Mom over Memorial Day weekend while she recuperated from surgery.
We made these wonderful velvet strawberry pinkeeps with tiny mohair mice.
Designed and kitted by Lori Ann Corelis of The Spotted Hare.


We had fun making them together and they are another wonderful souvenir of our Ohio trip.


This is Mom's with the wonderful feather stitching.


I never mastered the feather stitch, so I used the fly stitch.


Walks in Mom's neighborhood are so much different than my walks in downtown Chicago!
Much quieter ;)

Thank you so much to all that entered my giveaway!
There were a whopping 58 entries!
It was so much fun to hear what you all are working on ~ from EPP to hooked rugs to quilting.
Cross stitch with so many of my favorite designers - Stacy Nash, With Thy Needle and Thread, Blackbird Designs, La D Da, Notforgotten Farm, Heartstring Samplery and Little House Needleworks.
And, of course, wool applique with more favorites - Maggie Bonanomi, Missy Carpenter, Pineberry Lane, Quilts by Cheri and Rebekah L. Smith - with several working on the 2016 + 2017 Mystery Stitchalongs. (I have my patterns for both years printed, but never quite started either... just yet.)

I have to share the comment posted by Vicki Jo - it really touched me.
"Right now I am making a quilt from Sunbonnet Sue blocks that my Greatgrandmother made years before I was born. The blocks are made of feedsack fabric -- the girls are mounted on bleached muslin feedsacks -- you can see the words on some of the blocks!"
How special is that?!?! What a treasure!


Well, random.org selected #42 Carlie as our winner!
Congratulations Carlie! Your package is on its way...

I have another quick adventure coming up later this month,
so I am thinking there will be another giveaway after that.
So stay tuned!

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
~Ephesians 3:14-17

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

marly said...

Wow. What a beautiful setting! I hope she is healed from her surgery and doing well. You are blessed to have such a bond with her and to share your needlework and special times together.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love the velvet strawberry pinkeeps. I was the lucky winner in our hooking guild's Chinese auction and won one made by Lori Ann's sister, Lanna.
As always, your mom's work is perfection.

denise said...

love your mom's sewing room and all of your beautiful finishes!

Marilyn said...

All are great projects.
My favorites are the Sunflower, just so pretty, and the big Strawberry with the teenie little Mousie, so cute. ;)
Love your Mom's cabinet with all of the buttons.
Marilyn

Mary said...

I just love all these felted projects, I'm in love with the sunflower design. the basket of flowers is stunning and the strawberry pinkeeps with the little mice are just too precious. How lovely that you and your Mom share such a great hobby. Her penny rug is charming, she does such beautiful work.

What a great room to wake up in and I'm envious of all those buttons!!!
Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

cucki said...

Aww I love everything so much and love your mom seeing room too
Big hugs.

Prims By The Water said...

Love all of your latest projects...but I am so partial to BUNNIES! Love love love them! Janice

Carlie said...

I just love the strawberry and mouse! thank you for sharing with us. I just got my package and love everything! Thank you so much! My mental wheels are turning on what to make. Again thank you and have a great day!

Unknown said...

can i ask where you got the buttermilk basin sunflower pattern? i have looked on her site and can not find it.if i can't find it would you consider selling me yours if you are done with it? please email me @ turnernancy32@gmail.com