Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wheaten Woolens ~ The Shop


It was such a pleasure to return to Wheaten Woolens and to be able to share the day with Mom.


The inspiration starts before you even walk in the door!


I loved the sign: "Welcome all Wool Loving Folks"!
That's us! 


Isn't the sign just perfect?


And look at the Summer line-up :)
Very inspirational!

But wait until you see what Beth Anne has done with the shop!
And I thought it was great last year ;)


The antiques are perfect settings for all the wool!


And here are the oh so sweet store namesakes ~
Murphy and Abby the resident Wheaten Terriers.


Are you hyperventilating yet?
I know that Mom and I were!
We were so glad that we arrived early, 
a little shopping before, during and after class lol!


Where to even start?
Beth Anne started designing for wool applique this year 
and her models are even more sweet in person.


Last year I regretted not buying one of the beautiful baskets at the shop.
What a thrill it was when I found out that we were sitting next to the basketmaker in our class, Cyndy Simmons!
It was such a pleasure to get to know the woman behind the baskets.


It wasn't just the wool and the baskets that had me so excited ~ 
there were the stools from Rebekah's new book, aprons made from feedsacks,
and yes, my new favorite Rustic Wool Moire Thread!


I was thrilled to see this big selection, when Beth Anne showed my this...


Oh my stars! Can I go home with a spool of each ;)


It makes you never want to leave...

There is so much more to share.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
~Psalm 91:1-2

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

A little piece of heaven!

Mary A said...

I'm so jealous! Lovely shop and wonderful sounding classes!

denise said...

what a beautiful store! so jealous!

kelley said...

what a treasure...can only imagine the fun you and mom had...

pj said...

Patti
So sorry I missed you and your mom! The shop looks great and I am so glad you enjoyed your class. Wow! Great line of wool!

Hope we can meet up soon.

Prims By The Water said...

If you go next year can I squeeze into your suitcase...Pretty Please? Just so much eye candy, I would do lots of damage in here. Janice

moosecraft said...

That is THE nicest wool shop I've seen! A little something for everyone and oh so cozy! :-)

Me and My Stitches said...

I want to start running around with you! You get to the best places, and this one is definitely on my list! Everything is just beautiful. I haven't tried the Moire thread yet - I couldn't decide which colors to buy - they are all so beautiful. I'm thinking of designing a project just for them!