Friday, June 9, 2017

A Class with Sue Daley


Once someone told me that if I ever had the chance to take an English Paper Piecing class
with Sue Daley I should be sure to do so!

Well, recently my friend, Aileen, told me that Sue Daley was coming to Thimbles
in Lockport, Illinois and I knew that I had to attend!
It was a Friday night lecture and Saturday workshop. It's about an hour from downtown Chicago and lucky for me Aileen was willing to drive. Not so lucky was the Friday night traffic! It took us 2 hours to get there! Luckily, we allowed extra time and arrived right as it was about to begin!


Sue is a fun speaker and her Aussie accent was a delight as well.
It's so much fun to hear stories of how someone got started
and the tales behind their fabric lines and quilt designs.


All of the small quilts were passed around during the lecture so that we could see them up close and personal.


A chance to really admire the quilting.


Such clever utilization of paper piecing!


Such wonderful combinations of fabrics!


I really loved this one - both the vintage style fabrics and the unique layout.


And who doesn't love hearts ;)


I loved this color combination and the modern yet traditional feel.


Birds and words - what more can you ask for?


Combinations that I could never dream of that work so well.


And we were so very lucky - this was before the St. Louis quilt show
and we were able to get sneak peeks of what was to be revealed there:


Sue's lovely new fabric line and new quilt designs too.


Aileen and I were exhausted as we left that night,
but we were so happy that the drive back was oh so much quicker!
As we had to be back bright and early for the workshop!
I'll be back with that soon.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
~Ephesians 3:17-19

Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

annie said...

Love the colors and the quilts!
Happy for you, that you got to go to the class!

Marilyn said...

What beautiful quilts!
Glad you got to go to her class.
Marilyn

cucki said...

Wow very pretty quilts
Happy weekend smiles x