Friday, June 16, 2017

Heading back to Wheaten Woolens!


A year ago I visited Wheaten Woolens in Davenport, Iowa for the first time
and took a class with Rebekah L. Smith. You can read about it here, here and here

I decided that I had to finish last year's project before I returned, and here it is!


"Wooly Star Table Rug" designed and kitted by Rebekah L. Smith

I am just thrilled with the result!

Tomorrow Mom and I are headed to Davenport.
Wheaten Woolens and another class with Rebekah!
We can't wait - this will be a perfect getaway before Mom starts her chemo.

Since I was able to finish the class project, I decided to work on another...


"Flowers for the Table"
design by Rebekah L. Smith 
kitted by Wheaten Woolens

The tan background is hand dyed velvet! I love it and must get a better picture for you to see as I make more progress.
Mom and I will be back with a full report!
In the meantime, you can find the Wheaten Woolen website here and their Facebook page here.

The law of the Lord is perfect,
    refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
    making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
    giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
    giving light to the eyes.
~Psalm 19:7-8

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Simple Pleasure said...

Patti
The degree of skill presented in this piece is AMAZING!!!! I am impressed with your level of discipline, when it comes to getting pieces completed. Enjoy and wonderful weekend...
Warmest regards,
Patricia

denise said...

sounds like fun enjoy!

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you have fun! Love the wool projects. You did an awesome job! Janice

Marilyn said...

What a pretty project.
Have fun at your class!!
Marilyn

Annmarie said...

Nothing better than off with your mom for a class with Rebekah. Hope it's a wonderful trip and know it will be a special time. Thoughts and prayers for your mom as she undergoes her treatments.
ann

Rugs and Pugs said...

Wheaton Woolens sounds like a wonderful place!
Have fun at your RLS class. Even more special with mom.
Both your Rebekah projects are beautiful.
Happy Sunday :)
Lauren

Cricketwood prims and gardens said...

Enjoy your trip with mom, sounds wonderful. Your table mat is just Lovely!!