Monday, April 14, 2014

April Mantle and More...


I thought I better hurry and share my April mantle before Easter has come and gone...
(Don't you love the huge carrot made by Maggie Bonanomi?)


For a while now standing rabbits with baskets on their backs have really appealed to me.


Some are handmade like the little chalkware rabbit and the white Walnut Ridge rabbit and others are mass produced. I would love to find an antique German candy container in the same pose. I keep looking...


I've cross stitched a few as well.
Hmmm I just realized that I haven't done one in wool applique yet.



I love their different textures and sizes.

I thought that I would share some of my other Easter decorations: 


Feedsack eggs and rabbits by Jenn of Rabbit Hill Primitives.


Eggs that I have made over the years in a favorite wire basket.


Velveteen rabbit by Ginny Henson and heart embroidered pincushion by Norma Schneeman.
Shaker box and half puzzle ball pincushion are antiques.

Well, I just realized that I have quite a few more photos of my decorations.
It's getting late, so I think I will post them later this week.

I will leave you with this glimpse of our spring day today:


Really?!?! 
We ended up with a good inch or two. 
I planted three flats of pansies and a flat of sweet allysum two weeks ago. Thank goodness they are hardy and should be fine. We actually got up to 80 degrees two days ago. Luckily this snow shouldn't last and should melt in a day or two...

A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
“Hosanna to the Son of David!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
~Matthew 21:8-9

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

cucki said...

Aww they all so cute..
And the snow..very strange weather..
Sending you warm hugs x

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, I adore your April mantle with the wonderful bunnies. All the other prim goodies are adorable too, love everything, Blessings Francine.

Maggey and Jim said...

Loved the rabbits, pictures of the trip and souvies too. Have a blessed Easter.
Maggey

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful easter displays and love your bunnies.
I heard we might get a spit of snow, but for now it is pouring out.

Debbie

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful mantle display! You have a wonderful collection of rabbits with baskets.So love the feedsack rabbits too.We woke to snow as well thankfully it has melted.Have a blessed day.Hugs,Jen

Unknown said...

Wonderful gathering, the bunnies are so cute and I love your eggs!!!

Carrie P. said...

OH, your decorations are so sweet.