Saturday, April 26, 2014

Miss Emilia Poole & a Winner



Back in February, I bought all sorts of wonderful items that debuted at the Nashville Needlework market. You can read about them here. Have I started any of them? Nope. But that hasn't stopped me from thinking of one of the designs that I had passed up. Miss Emilia Poole by Stacy Nash. I kept thinking about the design, but telling myself that I bought plenty and should start one of the new items that I had already purchased.
Miss Emilia Poole kept coming back to mind...


I couldn't decide which I loved more the darling sewing basket or the sweet little book.
Finally I caved and called Jeanne at Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wisconsin
I asked her to kit it all up for me with everything I would need to create both.
Well, it arrived and did not disappoint!


Look at the lovely colors and textures - hand-dyed floss, linen, cotton, wool, velvet and ribbon - all perfectly matched.
*sigh*
Is it wrong to sit and admire it? :)
I am heading out on a busines trip in a week and am thinking that maybe Miss Emilia should join me.
In the meantime, I might just sit and admire a little while longer...


Thanks to those that entered my giveaway.
There were 21 entries and random.org picked #6 - RoseMary of Virginia.
Congratulations RoseMary!
Your package will soon be on its way!

"Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 
we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.
God is the Lord, which hath shewed us light: 
bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.
Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever."
~Psalm 118: 26-29

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

annie said...

I love seeing it all gathered together like that! Hope the trip goes well for you! Congrats to your winner!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Tis a gorgeous pattern and a gorgeous kit! I would just look at it too, and probably touch it all and dream until I found time to do it. Love the CS shop. Hope to get back there this summer. Lori

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Oh Emilia is in my basket--am eager to start working on her. My buyers resistance went out the window when I saw her even though my shopping cart was full

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
I LOVE this pattern and will have to think about it too!! I have SO MANY I haven't even started before but may just have to break down! Thank you for sharing about it! I would be admiring it too!!
Have fun creating!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Angie said...

I loved all of Stacy's new things at market but seeing this complete kit....all these beautiful colors and textures....I'm in trouble!

cucki said...

I love this cute pattern too..so pretty x

Judy said...

Oh, by all means sit and admire! Such a cute pattern and I will look forward to your finish. I am in the process of planning a trip to Country Sampler,excited.

Judy Heartland stitcher

RoseMary Baty-Willcox said...

Hello Patti,
Just letting you know your gifts got here yesterday and again thank You for the lovely gifts. Love reading your blog.