Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Comely Colorado


I took a little break from posting about our quick trip out west, but I couldn't skip talking about Colorado. 
I hope that you don't mind :)

The area right around Denver reminded me of Central Illinois, very flat and wide open.
As we drove into the Fort Collins area, we approached the lovely foothills.


I knew immediately what was coming next...
My oldest son is a downhill longboarder and I knew that those hills were calling him.

I admired the view while he got his gear on.


Here he is in the longboarder's aerodynamic form.

As a Mom, it is hard to watch your son hurdle himself down a hill on a skateboard going 40+ miles per hour.
But I have to say that accompanying him down the hill in our car right behind him, I have a new appreciation. I feel more comfortable knowing that he is padded up with helmet and protective gear. And I see how careful he is of traffic and his surroundings.


He has had more than his share of significant road rash and a dislocated ankle, but it is his passion. 
Telling him he can't do it is like telling me I can't stitch due to carpal tunnel, or the like. It's not going to happen :)


It was a lovely day and felt nice and warm after our looong winter. A very cloudy day, but I think it made the photos more interesting.


The roads are more challenging than they are in the flat midwest, but they lead to lovely views.


We made a quick stop to Horsetooth Reservoir.


Pretty in early Spring and I bet really gorgeous in summer.


I think these skateboard racks at Colorado State University made my son feel right at home :)

I'll have one more post about our trip to Colorado and I think I'll share my stitching project for the trip.

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father,may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."
~Ephesians 1:17-19

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful xx

Gayle said...

Fort Collins is one of my favorite Colorado towns!

Prims By The Water said...

Beautiful pics! Your son looked like he was in heaven!! Janice

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing the pics.
It looks like beautiful country.
Glad you got to take in some sights.
Marilyn

Linda said...

As many times as I've been to Ft. Collins, I've never seen that reservoir! Or any longboarders! I'm glad that was your destination although Boulder is OK too. Jim's dad lives out there near DIA in an area where they have those round irrigation circles you see from the plane.