Friday, April 4, 2014

April Offerings and More...


My offerings this month were inspired by an antique pincushion purchased at the primitive shows I attended last month. I was so intrigued by this little pincushion and set myself to task to determine how it was created. My antique example was a bit mushed from years at the bottom of the sewing basket, But I could tell how it looked originally and was determined to recreate it. 


I used crushed walnut shells rather than cotton batting so that these will retain their shape. This gives them a nice weight and feel. Once I created one of antique fabrics, I kept wondering how other antique fabrics might look. The next thing I knew, I had almost a dozen created and I can’t tell which might be my favorite…


The pincushions measure approximately 3 inches across.
 
 Antique Puzzle pincushions are offered at $12 each plus shipping.


To purchase, please email me at pgagliardi9@hotmail.com 
I can send a PayPal invoice or I also accept checks and money orders.

When ordering, please let me know your have a fabric preference.
These are the ones still available for purchase:

Antique Indigo as seen in the second photo above.


·         Patriotic stripes
·         Shirtings
·         Patriotic homespun/ticking


·         Combo flour sack, ticking, quilt top
·         Printed flour sack
 
In other news, I just  had to share some happiness that came to me this week.

 
Are you familiar with Nickel Creek?
I am a big fan of their music and was so sad that they decided to separate seven years ago. I was so excited and surprised to see that they produced a 25th anniversary reunion album that was released this week! It is wonderful and possibly their best work to date. (It's hard to say as I love all their albums!) I was so fortunate to see Chris Thile in concert this past summer with YoYo Ma in the Goat Rodeo Sessions. If you would like to hear a little preview click here.
 
My other good news is with the Decorah Eagles. Do you follow them on Ustream?
 
 
They have three eggs this year.
On my Mom's Birthday the first egg hatched!

 
Now the fun will really begin!
I have to tell you that watching them can be addictive. Especially when they start feeding the babies and they start hopping around the nest.
You can see the eagles here.
 
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."
~Ephesians 1:3-4
 
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
Hopefully it will feel like spring for us all!
 
Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

cucki said...

Aww sweet pin cushions :)
I love looking at the lovely photos of the eagle..
Big hugs x