Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!




My mom has always enjoyed creative pursuits...
cross stitch, crochet, sewing, crafts.

About a year ago, she decided to try her hand at wool applique. I kitted up a few small pillows for her to try and she whipped them up. This past winter she decided that she wanted to make a traditional penny rug. 



I searched through Craft Corner and pulled together some wool that might match her entry way and sent them on their way. Mom didn't have a pattern, she just decided to wing it.



And look what she came up with!
Wow! Was I impressed!


I shouldn't have been surprised. Mom always does a great job in all her creative pursuits.
I like to think that I inherited a little of her creativity. :)
(And hopefully some of my Dad's talents, too. You can read about his creativity here.)


Mom purchased this beautiful swan while we were shopping at the primitive shows last month.
My sister affectionately named him Aflac :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
WE LOVE YOU!

I have to say that I have the best Mom in the world.
 I have aspired to her example in raising my boys and in my creative pursuits.

Mom, I hope your day is filled with love, happiness and lots of wool :)
Can't wait to see what you create next!

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Happiest Birthdays Sweet Mom! you have raised a wonderful daughter you are both blessed to have each other :)
L

jennifer768 said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! May her day be filled with sunshine and laughter.I can see where you get your talent from...the penny rug is gorgeous! Be blessed,Jen

bayrayschild said...

Hi Patti!
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Hugs, Audrey

cucki said...

Happy happy birthday...to your sweet mom xx

linda said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! You have indeed gotten creativity from your parents. A very loving and nurturing environment to grow up in and pass on.

kelley said...

Wishing your Mom a very happy birthday...she sure does wonderful work too

PriviesAndPrims said...

I like the edge on the penny rug. I haven't seen one with half circles on the edge before.

Doreen

Three Sheep Studio said...

Birthday wishes to your Mom !
Beautiful Penny Rug, too ;)
Rose

Katken said...

Designing.....a new career path for Mom!! This is beautiful & in my favorite colors!! Definitely a piece to be treasured for years to come!!!