Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beautiful work of Folk Art

The artists at TDIPT Mercantile just had our Autumn Swap. We are matched with another artist and we make a handmade item for each other and fill the box with a few other goodies. My swap partner was Joyce (affectionately known as Miss Kitty) of Ragpatch Primitives.

I was so excited when my box arrived! When I opened it, the first thing I saw was this sweet little kitten card. And when I lifted up the tissue, just look what I saw!!!

My heart started palapatating and I wanted to dive right in, but also wanted to savor this treasure chest of goodies! I wish I could share the lovely fragrance wafting from the box...

Look how sweetly everything was wrapped (except for "L'il Witch" ~ she would not have been able to breath!) Joyce used sewing patterns to wrap it all and tied it with sweet ribbons ~ what a clever idea!

Look at all my lovely treasures! Dark chocolate (my favorite), a cute little notepad, the funnest pumpkin face ornament, a scrumptious Beecharmer's Cottage Loganberry Sage Goatsmilk Soap, and two incredible large vintage quilt squares - all in addition to my treasured L'il Witch!

Just look at this face ~ isn't it great?! Love that nose and those teeth!

Look at these fantastic quilt squares! The fabrics are fabulous. They were made in a nursing home in South Carolina in August 1956 as evidenced by the newspaper backing including comics and ads - how cool is that ?!
But L'il Witch is the best treasure of all!

Look at the beautiful detailing in her face! And that hair ~ Wow! I LOVE that hair!

She's found her spot in the entry way next to our antique sconce. I'll cherish her always!
If you want to see more of Joyce's work, be sure to stop by her blog.
Thanks so much for letting me share ~ I'm obviously on cloud 9!
Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh I just love all your goodies! Lil Witch is adorable and such a wonderful new family member! The quilt squares are breath taking! How wonderful the paper backing is still on them! I love that she used patterns to wrap it all in! I know you are thrilled because I would be dancing on a cloud too! Enjoy your wonderful treats!

Dogpatch Primitives said...

wonderful goodies from Miss Kitty!

Carol Roll said...

Patti what a beautiful doll Miss Kitty made for you!! Love the pumpkin ornie and all the extra goodies. Lucky gal!!!

Cindy said...

You are soooo lucky! I absolutely love that Lil Witch!!

fiddlestixstudios said...

WOW! Miss Kitty did you right,Patti!How exciting!I know you have been on Cloud 9!That witch is darling!
Hugs:-),
~Mandy

Sue said...

What a wonderful treat, and great fun to exchange boxes of goodies. I love your little witch!

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Oh how I love all your swap goodies!If I were near by I just might have to snatch her off your wall. :) ~~Pam

Suzanne said...

Patti! Wow! Loved seeing all your goodies....how fun! They lil' witch's hair is adorable!