Thursday, September 12, 2019

Wow! Thank you so much!


Wow! What a response! I sure didn't expect that. I can't tell you how much each of you touched  my heart. I started this blog over ten years ago. I really did it for myself as an online journal and for my parents that lived several hours away. I was surprised when others found and followed me. 

Blog posts take a good amount of time to compile photos, load, organize and write. I started thinking that maybe blogging had become a thing of the past. Even though my intention was to do it for myself, I thought maybe this was too much time to devote to me when I could be doing other more productive things. Knowing that there are many that haven't moved on to Instagram and Facebook make me feel less old fashioned and feeling that maybe blogging is a productive use of my free time.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.
I will continue on, but maybe at a slower pace than I would like.
Maybe that is why we like blogging - the slower pace - as someone mentioned it feels like writing and reading a letter that arrives in the mail.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 


"Pomegranates and More"
design by Maggie Bonanomi
for Wheaten Woolens class in June 2019

Mom and I both finished our class projects.
It's always fun to see their similarities and differences.

Here is Mom's.
Pretty true to Maggie's original.
And with Mom's work - always perfect :)


I tweaked mine just a bit, adjusting the birds to my liking and adding points to finish off the sides.

I love this as a late summer / early autumn piece and am enjoying having it on display now.
I'll be back soon to share some of our fun travels this summer.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
~Phillipians 4:4

Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you haven`t given up the blog just yet!

Lady Locust said...

Yay! You're still here:-) Beautiful finished for both you and Mom.

WoolenSails said...

I am glad you are keeping your blog. I enjoy reading blogs and keeping up with my online friends, facebook is a bit overwhelming at times. I cannot post of blogs unless they have a security capture, even if it is a pain, at least I can comment. Love your new pieces, you and your mom do beautiful work.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

Both Pomegranate pieces are just beautiful.
I'm glad you will continue to blog.
Marilyn

Carlie said...

Glad you're staying, I love reading about you and your Mom's wonderings and stitching. I really like you showing us what you're stitching and your Mom's. I love this pomegranate one. Keep up the great inspirations please!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Woohoo! Glad you will continue! Blogs remind me of the pen pals I had growing up. Both pomegranate pieces are fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend!

Mary A said...

I love your blog, Patti! I love seeing what you and your mom are working on! You are so lucky to be able to share your love of needlework with her.

Tempus fugit said...

Your mats are sooo lovely !

susan hemann said...

I do like how you altered the birds and just adorn the points. fisihes it off nicely

Simply Quaint said...

Beautiful pieces by both of you,I like to make things a bit different at times to my taste as well...very pretty....yes blogging takes a bit of time I agree,,,I use to but didn’t get very many followers so it kind of fell off for me but oh I enjoy reading them...I’m on Instagram it works for me better ...glad you’re continuing
Blessings
Rhonda

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

I still blog . . . I visit yours often. I don’t blog as much as I used to, but I sure wish it would come back. I’ve met some wonderful people through blogging. I try to post with each season change or holiday. Happy Blogging!