Thursday, September 26, 2019

Views from Pebble Beach


Our final stop on our California trip was Pebble Beach.


While sitting in the lobby, I saw my husband on the nearest green and had to take pictures. 
The caddy told him after his shot that someone was taking pictures of him. 
He said, "Oh that's my wife, she's always taking pictures" :)


Each evening, a bag piper closed the course.
We could hear the lovely music in our room.


This is the Lodge at Pebble Beach


and the iconic 18th green.


I took pictures of him there too ;)


This friend kept me company while I waited for him to come in.


While he golfed, I went on many long hikes to enjoy the scenery.


The vegetation here is so different than the Midwest.


I really enjoyed taking the time to take it all in


so lovely




I loved the boardwalks that preserved the seascapes


and the art left behind by others


and the sound of the crashing waves as I walked


so peaceful


a new view at every bend







I made a few friends


along the way


that kept me company as I walked


can you see the sea lion at the peak of the rock?
and others playing in the ocean?


a few hermit crabs brought in with the tides


this tree has seen better days, but it is still beautiful.


the iconic lone cypress is still barely holding on,
but is amazing that it does from its precarious perch


I also met these new friends along the way


The community brings in goats for vegetation management


A much cuter and I would imagine more economical and environmentally friendly method than mowing.
Every day or two, they were moved to a new location and I would go hunt for my friends ;)


It was a lovely trip,
but I was oh so happy to see this sight from the plane


Sweet Home Chicago!

Thank you so much for letting me share my trip.
I promise that I will share some stitching in my next post...

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
~Romans 15:4

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks for so many beautiful pictures! My favorite was the cairns on the log.
Glad you are home safe and sound...there's no place like home :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

linda said...

Such beautiful and serene photos! You captured the essence so nicely! Thank you for sharing and you can take pictures any time(; I do appreciate seeing them!

Marilyn said...

Look ]s like a beautiful area.
Marilyn

Wendy Howard said...

Beautiful photos! My husband would love to play golf there.