Monday, September 30, 2019

The Old Red Barn


We interrupt the catch up summer posts to bring you a finish...


The Old Red Barn
by Little House Needleworks

I finished stitching this just about a year ago. 
I was inspired by the finish of Priscilla and Chelsea that I found here.


I switched mine up a bit - I switched out the pumpkins for apples and changed the colors to those shown.
Then I was stuck. I really loved the antique barnwood that Priscilla and Chelsea used and was searching for some red barn wood.


Earlier this month, my husband and I took a ride to Lake County Barnwood.
It is only 20 minutes from my Mother-in-law's home.


Even my husband was intrigued and wanted to go in...


I was thrilled with the barnwood that I found.


And my husband found this great tray. 
They even include an informational postcard detailing where the wood came from and the barn's history!

And now for the unveiling...


I am thrilled with my finish! 


It has been "Priscillafied"!


Thank you so much Priscilla and Chelsea for the inspiration!
Be sure to follow them on Floss Tube - The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch!

You would think that it is easy to take still life photos,
but this is what I encounter every time I try to take a picture...



My favorite little photo bomber - Peanut!


He  is so hard to resist and push away...


If only he could just back up a few inches... ;)

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~Romans 15:5-6

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful finish! Your trip to California looked like great fun!
Robyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love having the furbaby in the picture!!!
Perfect finish.

GeneGribouille03 said...

Like your finish, have a good day, hello at your Peanut Geneviève de France

Marilyn said...

A very cute finish.
Peanut is too cute!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Red Barn finish is fabulous! Very cool on finding real (and red) barnwood! Peanut is a cutie.

Debbie Johnson said...

I love the Housewives of Cross Stitch! They are awesome. Your cross stitch is beautiful and I love how you "Priscillafied" it!!