Monday, September 23, 2019

Views from Sonoma / Napa


After San Francisco, our group moved on to Sonoma.
None of us had been there before.


The house we rented had lovely views of the vineyards.


such a relaxing location!


I loved this entrance to the deck, fireplace and pool.


A perfect place for an outside dinner


although the inside was lovely as well.


of course we visited the local wineries - Wilson was our first stop. 


By chance we came across this historic general store


I was smitten!


and loved everything about it


those windows!


just leave me here for the afternoon ;)


I almost forgot, the sandwiches here were great too :)


On to A. Rafanelli Winery


the beautiful views reminded me of Italy


it was a beautiful afternoon 


and we soaked it in the best that we could.


We also went to Francis Ford Coppola - the movie props from his classic movies added to the fun.


it was fun to learn about the old vines


and see all the grapes


we took a tour outside and inside


did you know that vineyards plant roses at the ends of the rows of grapes? 
They act as canaries in the mines - letting them know of issues before they affect the vines.


we walked around this historic building one morning 
and the gardens were absolutely amazing!


we saw so many hummingbirds, but I never got a  good picture.


One of my favorite wineries was Del Dotto
somewhat unassuming from the outside, but...


inside it was amazing!


so many beautiful details!


we went on a cave tour and barrel tasting.


I had no idea that the caves would be lit by stunning chandeliers!
The lighting was very soft, but I was trying to catch the details for the photos.


After Del Dotto we had one more stop before leaving the area.


Peju winery


I sure learned a lot about wine on this trip!

We had one more California stop before heading home...

Be glad, people of Zion,
    rejoice in the Lord your God,
for he has given you the autumn rains
    because he is faithful.
He sends you abundant showers,
    both autumn and spring rains, as before.
~Joel 2:23

Blessings, Patti 

4 comments:

marly said...

What breathtaking vistas! Not a wine drinker but sure enjoyed a look at the wineries.

Halland House Gifts said...

Yes, Patti, I’m still here even if I just got caught up with the last four posts. I’m so behind, but I’ll be catching up if I’d it’s the last thing I do. What wonderful trips with fantastic photos. I must admit it’s fun to live vicariously. Have a great week. Judy

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your pictures...thanks for taking the time to share!

denise said...

Beautiful!