Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day! & addendum

I can now share this as I have confirmation that my mother has received and opened it :)
The pattern is by Beth Twist of Heartstrings Primitives.
I'm off to enjoy my day with my husband and sons...
Blessings, Patti

p.s. Just had to share my fun day and it's not over yet...
I was awakened this morning for the traditional Mothers Day breakfast. I saw a huge gift which frightened me slightly... what on earth could it be? Would I need to put on the needed smile and say "just what I always needed"? Finally it was time, a lovely handmade card then time to open the monstrosity of a gift...

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather! A Stickley jewelry chest! Oh my goodness gracious! No need for a fake smile - I was beaming! I adore Stickley and have been fortunate to acquire a few pieces over the years. This was such a surprise! I love it! I cleaned out my old jewelry box - found a few pieces I had totally forgotten about and everything is safely put away... :-)

We took a ride to a local flea market and saw a sweet groundhog munching dandelion flowers at the edge of the forest on the way. Here is what I found for $7:

All from the same vendor (after doing lots of digging...) I loved the little heart shaped pincushion in the bottom left corner with its blanket stitching around the edge. I saw embroidered letters, but couldn't make them out with all the pins. When we got home, I carefully started removing pins and found the word "ouch"! I truly LOL! When everyone came to see what was so funny, they weren't quite as amused. Maybe they haven't stuck themselves as much as I!

Don't you love the needlebook?

I thought it was perfect for Mothers Day! I love the expression on that boy!

Well, I'm off to sit on the swing for a few minutes while the laundry finishes up. I hope to finish a project - then I can share this week.

Blessings again, Patti

3 comments:

Beth Twist said...

Your "Much Beloved" is perfect... I always love how you finish your pieces.

And I adore your treasures- the "Ouch" pinkeep made me laugh too!

Lana Manis said...

Oh Patti, lol! That is so funny about the little pincushion. I love them both!
Your Mother's Day gift is beautiful!
Both of them!

Sherry said...

Beautiful jewelery box and that pin cushion is a hoot! LOL