Friday, May 8, 2009

Better than April in Paris...

Is Springtime in Chicago! O.k. I haven't actually been to Paris (in the spring or any other time), but I think that Chicago is hard to beat!

Michigan Avenue is especially beautiful. Each block reveals tulips of different colors and shapes, one more beautiful than the next. I never knew that there were so many different types of tulips.

They certainly bring a smile to my face as I walk to my office from the train station on sunny mornings.

The planters down the center of Michigan Avenue are filled with tulips as well.

They always have white tulips around the historic Water Tower - very elegant. I have to admit that I felt like a tourist taking photos of my everyday sights, but it's fun to share and look at it through new eyes.

This photo doesn't do these planters justice, but I love how the pansies perfectly match the hydrangeas.


In April, Macy's hosted its annual flower show at the historic State Street store. (I can't help it, but it will always be Marshall Field's to me...)

The moment you walk through the doors you are greeted by the lovely fragrance of flowers.

It helps you to feel like spring even when the weather doesn't cooperate.

These arrangements are in the center of the jewelry and cosmetic cases.

I hope you are enjoying your springtime in your corner of the world!
Blessings, Patti

2 comments:

dany said...

Toutes ces fleurs sont superbes !
Je t'embrasse et te souhaite une belle journée

Beth Twist said...

Someday I am going to visit you. :)