Saturday, February 14, 2009

Merry Valentines Day!


Wishing you a Valentines Day filled with love and Laughter!
I thought I would share some of the decorations that I've made to celebrate. Some were made years ago:
Others were finished just last night:
This is the Maggie Bonanomi Club project from The Country Sampler and I finished it just in time!

Some things I look so forward to putting out:
And some things really aren't my style (or my ususal colors), but I just can't resist as they make me smile!
This is another recent finish:The Stacy Nash Club Project from The Country Sampler. Even the back of this is so sweet:
I added some little scallops to the top of the scissor pocket.
Look at the sweet little dance card attached to the heart below:

I found it at an estate sale. It's from Leap Year 1944 and the name of the dance was "Red and Yeller, Catch a Feller". It was at "Forest Hall" and listed the names of the officers. There were no names written in the dance card. I certainly hope that whoever owned it danced all night and simply didn't have time for her "fellers" to sign their names. Or maybe she spent the night dancing with one certain feller.

"A song is no song 'til you sing it, And love in your heart wasn't put there
to stay, Love isn't love 'til you give it away."

-Oscar Hammerstein

Happy Valentines Day!

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

A Merry Valentine's Day to you too! I hope you are enjoying your day.
All of your Valentine decorations are lovely, especially the Stacy Nash project. Your stitcheries are so beautiful!

Michele said...

What is that pattern with the girl and boy and cupid too? I love the colors along with the fabric color. Wonderful!

Patti said...

Hi Michele! The designer is Birds of a Feather. I can't recall the name of the design and seem to have passed it on... Hope this helps!
Blessings, Patti

SweetAnnee said...

Awesome creations. Love them all
Stacy Nash has wonderful designs..

I love the bird in the last pic..
fondly, Deena

Irene said...

Great decorations !

Roberta said...

Hi Patti, Love all your Valentine decorations, you did some lovely things. I especially liked the little dance card - what a special find that was.

The little girl and boy picture is just too adorable, very nice.

Hoping you had a nice Valentine day!-----Roberta

bayrayschild said...

ooooooo I just love it all!
What a talent you have!

Audrey

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hi Patti,
All are lovely - so pretty!!!

Tanya