Monday, February 16, 2009

Honoring our Founding Fathers


Happy Presidents' Day! Take a moment to remember our founding fathers and the rights and freedom that we have because of their ideals.

One of my favorite old books is Lincoln's Devotionals. In 1957, Lincoln's personal signed copy of Believer's Daily Treasure (published in 1852) was discovered and reprinted as Lincoln's Devotionals. Lincoln scholars believe that Lincoln carried Believer's Daily Treasure with him daily.

Here is the entry from this book for February 13th:

Led by the Spirit

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." -Romans 8:14

Lead us to holiness - the road
That we must take to dwell with God:
Lead us to Christ - the living way,
Nor let us to from his pastures stray:
Lead us to God - our final rest,
In his enjoyment to be blest:
Lead us to heaven - the seat of bliss,
Where pleasure in perfection is.


I hope that each of you enjoyed your Valentines Day!


I received a lovely box of candy from my youngest son. I won't show you the inside of the box. He and I did a pretty good job and there isn't much left...

I also received an incredible package in the mail for Valentines Day...
My sister made me these lovely red mohair mittens! Aren't they great? I wore them all weekend - yes both outside and inside (ggg).
I have one more present on the way from my husband and oldest son. It was delivered to my office after I left on Friday. I've been told it isn't perishable (hmmm?) and that it could wait until Tuesday. I wonder what it is???

I also had one final Valentines Day finish:

Isn't this sweet? It's a freebie pattern by Sherry Senicar Designs. Click here to take a peek. I finished it on Valentines Day while watching West Side Story with my Valentines. (It's my youngest son's favorite movie.)

Back to work tomorrow. It's a short week - I'm off for a stitching weekend with my girlfriends on Friday morning!

Blessings, Patti

No comments: