Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Stitch from my Stash Projects ~ May


It's a new month and time to pick my Stitch from My Stash projects for May!
These months are flying by!

First up:
Egg Gatherer Sewing Basket Kit 
by Stacy Nash Primitives 

This kit was purchased in 2017. It is stitched on 35 count linen - smaller than I prefer, but necessary for the sweet diminutive basket! I will do my best to power through as it is so sweet!


Ode to the Ort No. 2
by With Thy Needle and Thread

OK, I may be cheating a bit on this one...
It isn't really from my stash as I just purchased it in March, but I can't wait any longer... lol.


Final project for cross stitch:

Indigo Lane
by With Thy Needle and Thread

I don't really think that I will be able to finish this one, but I hope to at least start.
I purchased this kit last year on a trip to Country Sampler. They have the model hanging and it is simply gorgeous. 
(And the thimble box bonus pattern is also darn sweet too! Maybe I will stitch that one next year...)

I am also hoping to participate a bit this year in Stitch Maynia 2019.
As you know I usually only stitch in season, but I thought this was a good chance to get a wee jump start on some stitching for other seasons. I definitely won't be starting 31 or even 19 new projects like most are doing, but thought that I would pick up an out of season WIP or two during the Stitch Maynia craziness ;) OK I "may" be kitting up an out of season stitch or two (or maybe even three), but we will see if I can stitch out of season at all lol.

And yes, it is not just about cross stitch here ;)
I must be honest and tell you that I did have a Stitch from My Stash fail in April.
I loved the Rabbit and Hen Quilt that I picked to work on, but just didn't have it in me to work on specialty stitches during a month that was really stressful at work and at home. 
I have packed it away until next year and instead will start working on  this:


"Nesting Time Table Mat"
kit by Primitive Gatherings

I purchased this kit back in 2015 and can't wait to get started!

I am being a rather ambitious as I also pulled this out:


"Songbird Sewing Pocket Kit"
by Rebekah L. Smith

This pattern was recently released by Rebekah L. Smith.
I took it as a class in 2017. All the pieces are cut and ready to stitch!
Time to get it finished up!

Wish me luck!

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, urge you to live in a way that is worthy of the calling to which you have been called, demonstrating all expressions of humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another in love. Do your best to maintain the unity of the Spirit by means of the bond of peace.
~Ephesians 4:1-3

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You always post projects or patterns that I would love to work on. Great taste! I'm not participating in Maynia except to try to stitch on my current project.

Charlotte said...


Great projects. Hope you have fun stitching them and reach the finish line with some/all of them. Mainly, enjoy the process.

Charlotte

TheCrankyCrow said...

You really are an ambitious and prolific stitcher.... If I got a tenth done what you do, I would consider myself accomplished. I love that little sewing basket from Stacy Nash to pieces....and I’ve seen the Indigo Lane pattern by Brenda, but totally missed the little thimble box....I think that is just precious. But I somehow missed the Ort boxes....how sweet! I am not sure about StitchMaynia....I definitely KNOW I will not be starting 19 or 31 projects...or even 5 for that matter as having too many WIP’s makes my eyes twitch LOL. But maybe I’ll come up with something customized to me and set some goals for at least finishing a project or two...and maybe picking up my hook again. Looking forward to your progress and inspiration as always! Merry, Merry, May! ~Robin~

Marilyn said...

All great projects!
Love Indigo Lane.
Marilyn

Wendy Howard said...

Your projects are always so beautiful.

Genegribouille03 said...

Que de beaux projets superbe le Stacy Nash bon week end Geneviève de France