Thursday, May 23, 2019

Egg Gatherer Sewing Basket


 Those of you that follow me on Instagram have been watching me stitch the sides of 
"Egg Gatherer Sewing Basket"
by Stacy Nash 

The bottom was supposed to be a mustard print cotton, 
but I thought the chicken and chicks needed a little rooster ;)

The mustard print that came with the kit would have worked fine for the outside of the basket as well,
but I remembered a fabric in my stash that I thought I would like better.


So sweet, but it was white and bright red.
It definitely would not go well.


So I aged the fabric with walnut crystals until it matched the linen and threads better.
It doesn't look very aged here.


 But here you can see the difference.


I think they go together pretty well now.


And here is the basket all put together.


I am pretty happy with it, if I do say so myself.
It's not perfect, but it's done!
(My mantra!)



And it looks sweet with my Shooner Pottery chicken


And with this little vintage pair. 


Another Stitch from my Stash project completed!
On to the next!

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
~Micah 6:8

Blessings, Patti

16 comments:

denise said...

❤❤❤❤

kelley said...

such a beautiful little sewing basket...your finishes are always an inspiration to me...

Cathy Tonelli said...

It turned out so beautifully!❤️ I have yet to try my hand at one of Stacy’s baskets, but hope to soon!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a sweet finish. Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It`s adorable! Thank you for taking the time to show us your treasures and lovely handwork.

Donna G. said...

Such a pretty basket. I think you did a great job on the finishing.

Marilyn said...

This is too cute!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

It is lovely!

Robin in Virginia said...

Great job on the finishing of your basket! I like the addition of the rooster. Enjoy your weekend!

Kathy H said...

What a beautiful sewing basket. Your stitching is wonderful and it turned out perfect with your dyed fabric.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

You did an amazing job on this and the rooster bottom addition was brilliant! I absolutely love it!

Christine said...

I never would have thought of stitching one of these boxes but seeing your's and how adorable it is, it's definitely going on my wish list! Thank you for taking the time to share these pics. Great job!

GeneGribouille03 said...

Beautiful basket perfect with the fabric belle journée Geneviève de France

susan hemann said...

beautiful

TheCrankyCrow said...

Once again, you’ve worked your finishing magic.... Absolutely love everything about this...even though I don’t know the “originals” you changed out pattern/fabric wise. What a gift you have! ~Robin~

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful! Great color combo.
Robyn