Thursday, April 4, 2019

Quilt Festival Chicago


Happy Birthday Mom!
Mom's Birthday was earlier this week and one of the things that we did to celebrate was to go to 
Quilt Festival Chicago last weekend.


They had a fabulous exhibit of quilts by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.
This one is my favorite.


I would love to do this pattern with wool applique...


Those blues and creams! *sigh*
They were all so lovely!


We also had a chance to visit a few quilts made by the friend of one 
of the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters.


So very talented


And the absolute best in the Primitive Quilts section!


Love the free bag we received from Rainbow fabrics!

I tried so hard to be good and limit my purchases.
( I am after all trying to Stitch from my Stash!)
I think that I was pretty good.


I did buy two new wool patterns. Love the Clipboard Quilt Series!
Mom bought one too.


Lori Smith had a booth and let me just say that these are even more gorgeous in person!


I love Kai scissors so much that I decided to try one of their rotary cutters.
I liked the small size of this one.


Rag Spun Studio had the best buttons!
Can you believe that the buttons on top are made of leather?!
How cool is that?!


I had two favorite booths at the show.
The first was

They go around the world to find the best artisan made notions.
The pins above are blown glass with tiny flowers - made in Japan.
The teeny scissors were made in Italy.


I love Japanese packaging! 
And what was inside?


Traditional Japanese pottery
The spool is a magnetic needle/pin holder.
(And perfect for my new scissors!)
And the little button is also a magnetic needle holder.

I used my hand to show their small size. 


Aren't they sew sweet?
Mom bought a spool as well.

Our other favorite booth was Epicurean Boutique.
I think we could have spent all day in their booth!
I was good and didn't buy anything, just enjoyed the inspiration.
Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of Mom's purchases there.
But let me just say their booth was amazing!

I sure enjoyed Mom's birthday ;) and hope that she did too!

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.
Psalm 62:5-6
Blessings, Patti

15 comments:

Simple Pleasure said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to Mom! The Quilt Show...what a wonderful place to explore together. I am a quilt-dappler who works at the pace of a senior citizen snail(LOL)...I love, love, love the look and feel of hand quilting. I've noticed that more and more quilts are being machine quilted. Did you see many hand quilted pieces?
Your purchases were delicious...I must explore some of the shops you visited!
Warmest regards,
Patricia

Simple Pleasure said...

PS I meant I am a quilt-dabbler...LOL
Patricia

Mugwump Woolies said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Love all your goodies. Those sweet scissors are wonderful!
Robyn

Charlotte said...


I am a quilter and enjoy working with wool so I was intrigued by the clipboard series by Lori Smith. I will be going directly to her web site after I finish writing this to check out these new patterns. Right now, I am designing my own 4 by 6 inch quilts for a tiny galvanized tin clipboard that I bought at JoAnns. Sew much fun.

Love all the things you shared. I formerly lived in the Chgo suburbs- wish I could have gone to the show.

Glad you found more scissors!
Charlotte

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest (Belated) birthdays to you mom.... What a wonderful way to celebrate. Those quilts are just stunning....I love them all, but I think my favorite is the first one. I’ll be anxious to see your (and your mom’s!) creations from the cupboard quilt patterns. Those are so sweet!! Never have seen them before. And love the needle minders!! EEEK! I have such a weakness for fun sewing notions like that. ~Robin~

TheCrankyCrow said...

*clipboard* not “cupboard LOL

Marilyn said...

Love those quilts!
What a great idea with clipboards, all so cute.
And beautiful, unique notions too.
Happy Birthday to your Mom.
Marilyn

GeneGribouille03 said...

Happy birthday to your Mom, quelle joie de partager une même passion, que de belles découvertes, have a nice day Geneviève de France

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful way to spend your Mom's birthday! You picked up some fabulous items. Thank you for sharing some of the quilts; I love the blue and cream ones. Wow! Enjoy your weekend!

mckinney37397 said...

What is cross stitch ap you use

kelley said...

Happy belated birthday to Mom, what a perfect way to spend the day...the Laundry Basket Quilts quilt is amazing...thanks for sharing all the joy...

Wendy Howard said...

Happy birthday to your Mom. Looks like you had a great time at the quilt show.

Vicki K. said...

I'm an appliquer and just love the gray & cheddar yellow quilt pictured above. Any idea what the pattern name is ?? I'd love to make that my next project ! Thanks !

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!! <3
you have a wonderful daughter/friend and I'm so happy that you both get to enjoy what you both love so much together ~
L

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy birthday to mom. I hope she is doing well.
LOVE those blue/cream quilts.