Monday, March 11, 2019

The Perfect Sentiment


"Promise of  Spring"
design by Silver Creek Samplers

When I was digging in craft corner for my March projects,
I found this piece that I stitched way back in 2014, but never fully finished.

It's a sentiment that really touched me in the moment as I am feeling like this winter is lasting forever, so I had to fully finish immediately!

I thought the white chenille trim set it off well.
Another Stitch from my Stash finished!


"Sweet Clover Girl"
from "Little Shamrocks"
design by Pineberry Lane 
stitched up quickly.


As did "Basket 'O Luck"
I did tweak the little bunnies just a bit.


Time to fully finish!
I have some ideas, but need to still work on finding the right fabrics from my stash...

Thank you so much for the continued good wishes!
My shingles are starting to heal, but I am still dealing with complications 
and it is taking longer to recover than I had hoped. At least I can still stitch!

And please keep my dear sister-in-law, Joy in your prayers as she continues on her chemo journey...

 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our troubles, 
so that we can comfort those in any trouble 
with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
~2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I love your cross stitch Spring project - fabulous!

Mary A said...

Praying for Joy! Healing thoughts are winging their way to both of you. Shingles really hurt. My mother-in-law got them when she was undergoing chemo and they were the size of silver dollars! Lovely Irish designs!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww....all such lovely stitches! That winter/spring one is so very apropos as our winter, too, has seemed to last years.... I need to tape that sentiment on my forehead LOL. You are a quick stitcher....I have yet to start my Little Shamrocks.... I was already to start the Lucky Basket, but then realized the fabric I chose wasn’t the count I wanted and I was missing 2 of the floss colors.... Grrrr... I really love your tweaking of the bunnies....(ummm, I wasn’t exactly sure what they were supposed to be LOL)....doubt that I can figure out how to make mine look like yours, but it’s looking like I won’t have to worry about it until next year.... Love the “March” appliqué piece in your header too.... Will say some extra prayers for both you and Joy ~ Robin~

butterfly said...


What lovely designs and finish .
Shingles is not nice ,get better soon.

Marilyn said...

I hope that saying about Spring holds true!
Cute St, Patrick's finishes.
prayers for Joy.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Sorry to hear about your bout with Shingles. I love that winter stitch by Silver Creek Samplers and your shamrock stitches are sweet. Thinking of you!

Claire said...

Hoping you and Joy are both improving. It has been a long winter in many ways. Hoping spring brings good health and happy days.

GeneGribouille03 said...

De belles pensées pour Joy, le winter est superbe une broderie très douce et bravo pour la demoiselle au trèfle belle journée amitiés Geneviève de France