Friday, December 7, 2018

Treasures Found


So you know that Mom and I didn't go home empty handed...
Mom was well behaved and only bought two treasures.


This is the front of an old needle cabinet.
It needed a good cleaning, but was in really good shape.


And this is a strawberry made by Maggie Bonanomi.
Lucky for Mom, Maggie finished it in the car on the way to the show :)


Here are my treasures from Maggie. 
I love the little pin pillow on the linsey-woolsey background and how each petal of the flower is a different fabric.
And the fun bowl filler with one of Maggie's paper stars made from old sheet music.


I also bought this gorgeous egg darner with a sterling silver handle.
And believe it or not, I found an even bigger treasure from the same dealer...


This wooden shoe caught my eye right away!


I love the little brass tacks replicating the buttons.


It opens up and even has a little chain so that the cover doesn't get lost.
And what could be inside?....


This exquisite thimble!
I was thrilled to know that this sweet shoe and thimble were in Maine Antique Digest.


I also picked up this sweet and festive red basket and a child's stocking form.


And this sweet little batch of ticking samples.

But I also bought two other real big treasures...


Thirty five hexagons from the same antique friendship quilt.


They are dated 1848 and the calligraphy work is absolutely exquisite!
I really need to do some research on these when I can find the time.
I can tell you that they pre-date the Civil War and were created when James Polk was President and  Oh! Susanna was first published.

My final purchase also requires some research:


This beautiful antique sampler is in an antique frame with original bubbly and wavy glass!
Be still my heart!

I believe it is stitched with wool and does not contain the letter "j" anywhere in the sampler.


The colorful motifs all make my heart sing!


I am also intrigued by the striped linen.
If anyone has any ideas on age and origin of this sampler, I would love to hear more!
Please feel free to contact me at pgagliardi9@hotmail.com

It was a lovely trip with new treasures to cherish!
And now my posts and focus will turn to Christmas.
I hope that all of you are enjoying the season so far...


Give thanks to the God of heaven.

His love endures forever.
~Psalm 136:26

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always come home with THE BEST treasures!!!
Merry Christmas.

denise said...

cool treasures

Lady Locust said...

Wow wow wow! I'll say you found treasures. The wooden shoe thimble holder is amazing! Beautiful 🌟

Sue McQ said...

Such lovely treasures. That Maggie strawberry pinkeep is a true treasure in and of itself! So glad to hear you and Mom enjoyed. Blessings.

Marilyn said...

What great treasures!!
Love that wooden shoe with the thimble.
Marilyn

GeneGribouille03 said...

Magnifiques trésors j'aime la petite chaussure et son dé et le très beau sampler belle journée bon préparatifs de noel

moosecraft said...

Oh my goodness!!! You found some wonderful treasures! I especially LOVE the wooden shoe w/thimble and the sampler! Wowie! :-)

Halland House Gifts said...

Patti, I’m with everyone else. That thimble and wooden boot are fabulous. What a thrilling sampler find, and under wavy glass to boot—wow. Judy

thanida said...

Thanks for the information you have provided.Very nice. I think that ways that you spoke here are very pertinent! I will try!
ไฮโลออนไลน์