Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christkindlmarket Chicago 2018


I hope that you don't mind another year of the Chicago Christkindlmarket.
One of my favorite holiday traditions!


It always puts me in the right mood for the holidays!


Love the cuckoo clocks and nutcrackers.
We have a German cuckoo clock and to me it sounds like home... 


The embroideries in this booth really caught my eye this year!


So many lovelies to choose from!


And I always enjoy looking for new items in this booth.


Such lovely items!


It wouldn't be a Christkindlmarket without steins!


From small to extra large


I did buy a small ceramic building from this booth almost 20 years ago and still enjoy it.


I love these so!


I always say that one year I will splurge and buy one, but I haven't done so yet. 
Instead I just admire the workmanship!


I have been buying pieces from this collection for years, 
but my shelf is just about full...


Our main tree is just about full of these German glass ornaments now.
The boys each receive a figural glass ornament in their stocking each year to represent a trip or something they did that year. They are on our family tree for now, 
but will go with them when they move out.


I enjoyed the carolers.


It was a cold night, but they were dressed pretty warmly.


I popped in Macy's to see the Great Tree.
The window displays are not like they used to be, but the Great Tree is still pretty.
Iconic buildings and structures of Chicago surround the bottom along with the L train, whose track runs around the tree.


I picked up some sweet roasted pecans to snack on during my L ride home.

Thanks for letting me share my annual trip to the Christkindlmarket.
I think that I might need to make one more stop there before the season is over...

He called together all the high priests and scribes of the people and asked them 
where the Messiah was to be born. They told him, 
“In Bethlehem of Judea, because that is what was written by the prophet:
‘O Bethlehem in the land of Judah,
    you are by no means least among the rulers of Judah,
because from you will come a ruler
    who will shepherd my people Israel.’”
~Matthew 2:4-6

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I was waiting for this post! :)
It looks like a winter wonderland.
So much to chose from.
Marilyn

BJ said...

I'm not sure I could enjoy Christmas as much if I didn't have your posts about Christkindlmarket to look forward to each year. Thanks for sharing again! Love all the sights.

Gale said...

Love everything Chicago.

Angie said...

Hi Patti, every year I see your post about the Christkindlmarket I say 'next year we will go'. We haven't gone yet. Really need to go!
Thank you once again for sharing your pictures.

Comment for the picture with the wooden lighted scenes. I think they're called a Schwibbogen. My husband 'splurged' and bought one for me just before we left from our overseas duty station and it is my most treasured item for Christmas. The craftsmanship is amazing!

moosecraft said...

Oh my! What a lovely market! I always enjoy your posts about this event! I certainly would save up for one of those wooden scenes! I'm transforming my holiday decorating into simple (a few quality pieces)....and who could resist those pecans...Mmmmmmm... Merry Christmas!

GeneGribouille03 said...

Quel beau marché et tous ces belles décorations de Noël belles fêtes de fin d'année Geneviève

Rugs and Pugs said...

You inspired me to attend the first Christkindlmarket in Hudson (near Peninsula). Nothing like in Chicago but fun to attend.
Merry Christmas 🎄

Halland House Gifts said...

Patti, no need to apologize for this post. I love window shopping with you each year. A Christkidlemarket may be on my bucket list, but it’s probably good one like this is no where near me-lol. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Judy