Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas is Coming! Fast!


How can it be so close to Christmas already?!
I haven't done much stitching lately, so I thought that I would share some old finishes that I am enjoying this Christmas season.


I made all of our stockings in wool applique many years ago using patterns from Needl Love books.


The pennies are all from a old favorite plaid wool skirt of mine. 


A favorite Pineberry Lane finish.


Mittens from a Rebekah L. Smith pattern made last year.


The snowflake cube is a Stacy Nash original.


I stitched these Pineberry Lane designs last year,
but they are still waiting to be fully finished.
I am hoping to do that between Christmas and New Year's.


A With Thy Needle and Thread design stitched this year, but not fully finished.


I did finish a little scissor fob.
My Christmas fob is MIA, so I created this one quick 
from a part of a pattern by Little House Needleworks.

I also finished two small Christmas presents. 
I forgot to photograph them before I wrapped them,
so I need to try to remember to take pictures after they are opened...

Two weeks ago, my husband was on a business trip out east.
I was so surprised to get this photo from him:


Rockefeller Center at Christmas?!?!
I was so jealous! But we did manage a quick trip out west this past weekend.
I'll share some pics from that after Christmas...

 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
~Luke 1:30-33

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

All cute Christmas finishes.
Love the oblong Merry Christmas.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Marilyn

pj said...

Love your work! And your spirit! Merry Christmas Patti!

Halland House Gifts said...

Patti, What wonderful finishes--wool and smalls alike. Currently, I'm working on another "tablecloth sampler" (27" x 27"). The more I see posts like this the more inspired I am becoming to work on all the small designs I've purchased in the last year and a half. Maybe 2019 is the year I get brave. Merry Christmas :-) Judy

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

There is something very special about hand made ornaments. Love all those designers!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Merry Christmas, Patti. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures and posts this year.

GeneGribouille03 said...

De quoi passer un beau Noël avec de jolis décorations et dans la joie , I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year Geneviève

Rugs and Pugs said...

So many beautiful stitcheries!
Merry, merry Christmas 🎄

laceystitcher said...

Such beautiful projects; love them all. Makes me want to work on mine!! Thanks for sharing.