Monday, November 5, 2018

Bittersweet Sisters 2018 Trip ~ Part 4


On the way up and during our trip, we did a bit of antiquing.
I saw some lovely and inspiring pieces.


 All of these seed boxes were unopened - fully intact.


Growing up we had this set of carolers on display each year.
They live at my sister's house and still come out each year :)


This pillow is done in solid cross stitch - so much work!
It almost came home with me.


I also loved this chip carved cabinet.
But where would I put it?


This hexagon quilt was a cutter, but oh so pretty.


 The fabrics were old and gorgeous.

So what came home with me?


I bought a pair of Gurley pilgrim candles to go with my collection of Gurley turkey candles.
I thought this shoe pincushion was different since it was a man's loafer rather than a ladies shoe.
The piece that truly intrigued me is the wooden high heeled shoe. 
It was made by Vulcan Corp., a Wisconsin shoe last maker. This 100+ year old company reinvented itself when the need for shoe lasts declined by making bowling pins. This shoe is dated 1942 and has the word "Victory" on the heel. The wording on the toe has faded, but after some research I discovered that it originally said "Remember Pearl Harbor". 
A treasure for sure!

After all of these posts, I bet you are wondering what we stitched while we were there...
That will be my next post.

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
~Psalm 100:1-2

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

marly said...

What a nice selection of crocks. I'm sure they were pricey. But that shoe is the prize to me!

Marilyn said...

What great treasures.
Love those Carolers!
Marilyn

Lady Locust said...

Most women like a large variety of shoes to wear. I tend to like your shoes better 😊

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

those tiny little Gurley pilgrims! I have one gurley turkey that I have had since I was a child ~ I should look for more of them :)
Loving the treasures that didn't come home with you, and the ones that did!
L

GeneGribouille03 said...

C'est toujours un plaisir de découvrir des antiquités qui ont une histoire de belles découvertes belle soirée Geneviève