Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Spirit of Christmas Past


Earlier this month was the Spirit of Christmas Past Show that Tina hosts in her lovely home. You can read more about my first visit and how I discovered it here.
I was so happy to get to attend again!


She had so many lovely primitive antiques and folk art creations!


I have such a difficult time trying to decide what will go home with me.


So I tend to stay a little longer just to enjoy it all :)


So many sweet vignettes!


Lovely textiles


There is a bed, so maybe I could stay a bit...


How to ever decide...


I loved the sleds that Tina made last year, so I knew that was a must have!


I found the perfect spot for it inside our back entrance. 
It had sweet twinkling lights on it, but there is no outlet in this corner.
Thank goodness for Amazon and one day delivery!
It now has battery operated lights that are even on a timer!
 Although I don't have them on yet in this photo...


And these are the treasures that I bought from Mary. 


Who can resist a red child's shoe with lots of age and character?
Mary used to have a child's shoe Christmas tree.
Can you just imagine how darling that must have been?


An artist's mohair bird. Love!
I wasn't going to pass this up after regretting not getting a little mohair bear last time!


And look at this wonderful box with a little locking latch that still works.


It might have been a sewing box with the faded black puffy velvet lid lining - maybe a pincushion?


Thank you Mary for the sweet little treat!
You know that I absolutely love everything about it!

And thank you Wendy Stys-Van Eimeren of Pineberry Lane
for introducing me to this wonderful show and these lovely women!
Maybe next time we will finally meet...

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children. And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God.
~Galatians 4:4-7

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

Lady Locust said...

A little red shoe! That is just darling. And another chocolate box. One can never have too much chocolate. My favorite though is that little sheep by the cradle in the bedroom. So much to see! Merry Christmas.

Charlotte said...


So glad that you found a red shoe - I remember that you were looking for one. I am still looking. I have a black and white one as well as a all black shoe. Plus, I have my husbands baby shoes - not quite antiques (100 years old) but getting there. He celebrated his 75th birthday this past weekend.

Love the photos and your finds.

Charlotte

Marilyn said...

Great treasures!
Marilyn

Pat said...

Thank you for always sharing your adventures and treasures with us. My very most favorite is that adorable red shoe with the little bird.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy healthy 2018!!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
You are so fortunate to be able to go to such wonderful shows and I am so happy you share them with us!! Your new treasures are just wonderful and I know it was hard to choose!! I would have chosen the red shoe and bird, too!!! Just darling!!!!
Hope you and your family have a Most Blessed Christmas!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

marly said...

You really have a knack for picking the best items at shows. This one looks to have been another wonderful event.

Prims By The Water said...

I have been looking for red shoes for a long time. You scored! Janice

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh I love that little red button up shoe, usually they are just black

Unknown said...

Was so nice to see you again..Merry Christmas and Thanks for sharing pics of our show!