Thursday, December 21, 2017

Chicago Christkindlmarket 2017


I hope that you don't get tired of me sharing the Chicago Christkindlmarket year after year...
I just can't help myself ;) It's so "Christmas" to me.


Time flies by and Christmas is just days away...
So much to do at work and at home.
But these photos bring me peace and happiness
and remind me of  memories created here year after year...


So many sweet treats throughout the market.


And even more confections in the Sweet Castle.


Not quite as warm as when I visited last year, but still a lovely evening.


Treasures to be cherished.


A sweet woodland scene.


Ornaments of natural materials.


Traditional ornaments of straw and wood.


More wooden treasures


My eyes don't know where to look first.


Each and every one so sweet.


A magical booth of candle holders.
Do you see the two giant candleholders up in the eave?


Each so different and each so pretty.

And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
~Luke 2:4-7

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

We love that you share this every year!
It looks fantastic.
Marilyn

Halland House Gifts said...

I never tire of the Christkindlmarket. It is a treat every year. If I ever got to one I’d probably have to leave my money at home—sheer heaven. 😍

Linda said...

Thank you once again for sharing the market with us Never tire of that May you and yours have a Blessed Christmas and New Year

Linda m

marly said...

Wow. Some of us can't remember last year so yes, you do need to post it every year! What a perfect application of lights on the trees. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Diane H said...

Merry Christmas, Patti and all the best in the New Year to you and yours. Thank you for sharing this beautiful market.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I enjoy your visit to the Christkindlmarket every year. One of these years I hope to make it there. Thanks for sharing.
So what came home with you?
Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family.
Fondly,
Lauren

BJ said...

This never gets old! Two+ years ago a cousin moved to the Chicago area with her husband (some German ancestry) and 2 small children. I thought it might be an interesting Christmas activity in an unknown city. It's become a "must-do" for them and any guests. Thank you for the introduction and please don't stop the annual posts! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

LindaM said...

I just found your blog on so, e bodies blog list and the title stood out to me immediately. I haven't been there in a few years after moving to Wisconsin, so was pleased to see this post. It really is very fun! I miss it.