Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Unexpected treasures

 
On Saturday morning, Wendy Stys-Van Eimeren of Pineberry Lane posted pictures on Facebook about a wonderful primitive antique and handmade home show called Spirit of Christmas Past in Zion, Illinois. It was at the home of her friend, Tina. The pictures were gorgeous and everything that I like :)
 
Well, it was another busy weekend on Winding Vine - Christmas shopping to do, Christmas cards to write, in addition to all the regular chores that need to be squeezed in on the weekend when you work full-time outside the home... I really didn't have the time to drive an hour to Zion for a show. But I kept thinking about it...  Until I finally said, what the heck! I dropped everything, jumped in the car and off I went! Boy, was I ever glad that I did!
 
Tina has a lovely home and the pretty display above greeted you when you walked in...

 
So much lovely pewter!

 
Tina creates beautiful display pieces incorporating both antiques and Christmas decorations.

 
Her sleds were especially gorgeous!

 
Each one was different
*sigh* so sweet!

 
I think this one was my favorite!
 
 
There was a lot to take in

 
And all was displayed so prettily!

 
Why didn't this sweet bear come home with me?
I think I was overwhelmed by all the choices at this point lol.

 
Wouldn't you like to just pick up everything and bring it home?

 
Tina's friend Mary was also there and had some lovely cross stitched pieces in antique frames. I kept going back and looking at these two pieces again.

 
I definitely didn't want to leave, but knew that my chores were all waiting for me...


 
The sweet lantern in the first picture came home with me

 
Along with this fun punched tin star tree-topper.

 
They both quickly found a home in this corner until I have time to decide on their final resting places.
 
 
I also couldn't leave without this great antique stripped wool, some ticking, a treen plate and a few tin ornaments.
 
I'm so glad that I saw Wendy's post and decided to hop in the car and go. It was such a pleasure to meet Tina and Mary and all of the ladies! The best part is that I am on the mailing list for next year ;)
And I was able to go through my chores the rest of the weekend with a smile on my face :)
 
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12
 
Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
You have certainly been able to visit some lovely places of late and always find such wonderful things!! I think you did the right thing by going as chores can ALWAYS WAIT!! Love all your purchases!!
Hope you have a great week!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Mugwump Woolies said...

You certainly are a travelin' girl! Looks like a lovely little show. Glad you decided to go and love the goodies you brought home.
Robyn

marly said...

That looks like another great show. I see lots of items I would have grabbed, and you found some really nice pieces.

annie said...

Wow, what great things, I loved them all!

Marilyn said...

Glad you decided to go.
It looks like a great show.
You picked out some nice treasures to bring home.
Marilyn

Pat said...

Thanks for taking me shopping with you again. My favorite is the cross stitched cow in that awesome frame.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I just love all your treasures. Sometimes we just must say "enough" and take off! I need to live by those words more often.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Three Sheep Studio said...

Loving those old sleds ! I kept mine from when I was a young girl. Wonderful memories ;)
Rose