Monday, October 12, 2015

Bittersweet Sisters Trip~Part 3


When sharing our visit with Ewe & Eye Woolens and Such, I forgot to share my purchases there!
Two lovely counted cross stitch kits and some gorgeous hand-dyed velvet.


Some pretty wool that just had to come home with me (and some went to Mom's house).


Some great textured wool - the one in the upper left had just come in and I had to have some ;)


And lots of little pieces of wool too.

The sisters decided that we should work on WIPs (works in process) during our trip... although a new project or two may have been started ;) Here are some of the items worked on and/or finished:


Nicki shared two gorgeous finishes by Heartstring Samplery.


This one is kitted up in my stash somewhere - I think that I need to unearth it...


Wendy started quilting this year - I love these "in process" stockings made from mini charm packs. 


A beautiful quilt top of Wendy's.


And a table runner too - love the colors!


Wendy also made this wonderful needle book by Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives.
A gift for Carla, her chauffeur for the trip - how sweet!


Linda started this quilt top while in Osage.


I couldn't get over how much she accomplished!


Carla worked on our Boxwood & Berries project from last year - stunning!


I love her addition of red velvet berries and beautiful stitching on the leaves.


Kim was quite prolific with her finishes!
Two cute little pincushions/pillows.


A framed punch needle piece ~ the kitty has cute little glass beads for eyes.


A sweet scissor fob by Shepherds Bush


So pretty I'm not sure which side is the front!


I finished "Warm Autumn Days" a Maggie Bonanomi club kit for Country Sampler.


I added a few little buttons to a flower.


I backed it with a wonderful brushed cotton purchased at Rivers Edge Quilts in Hayward, WI.
And added an antique ticking tag to commemorate the finish.


I also finished this Blackbird Designs pinkeep drum from the Country Sampler Star Party a few years back.


I love it as it combines all my favorite mediums...


wool applique, cross stitch and English paper piecing.

And these were only the projects that I remembered to take photos of! There were several other projects going that I forgot to photograph.

There will be one more post to wrap this trip up and also a little giveaway.
I'll be back soon!

"For you shall go out in joy,
    and be led back in peace;the mountains and the hills before you    shall burst into song,    and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."
~Isaiah 55:12

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like you picked up some great stash.
Everyone's projects are so beautiful.
What an array of different techniques.
Marilyn

Three Sheep Studio said...

Truly loving all these wonderful projects - eye candy !
Rose

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful things! Love your Maggie finish and all the beautiful velvets. Looks like a fun, fun time! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Gosh! I sure love your posts! Terry

Fran said...

Wow what beautiful projects by everyone. Looks like you all had a great time.

WoolenSails said...

Lots of beautiful pieces being made and I love how your wool project looks, especially the 3D flowers.

Debbie

Primstitch said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trips & talents! Love everyones projects! your Maggie mat looks beautiful & your drum is awesome! the other girls quilts & Christmas B&B project are so special, too! It must be so much fun to share time with kindred spirits! You are all blessed! :)

Raymond Homestead said...

Always love it Patti when you share these fun times and pictures of great projects!