Thursday, October 8, 2015

Bittersweet Sisters Trip~Part 2

 
One of the high points of our trip to Osage is the day we spend with Marge & Beth of Ewe & Eye Woolens and Such!
I look forward to this with such anticipation!

 
When I see the screen door, my heart beats faster with the knowledge of the treasures inside...

 
A bit of wooly heaven here on earth.
 
 
Look at the sweet chair pads on all of the chairs.
 
 
Can you see how happy the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters are to be here?!
 
 
Marge and Beth are so kind to us, that we wanted to bring them a hostess gift. We realized the night before that we didn't have any tissue or wrapping paper, so we had to improvise with some crafting items on hand. The packaging turned out rather sweet.

 
I think that they liked their "stamp" pincushions.

 
Each of the sisters added some bits - cross stitch, wool, knitted and tatted.

 
and a few little charms, buttons and bits for fun.

 
This year I had the pleasure of meeting Barb Albrecht from the Prim Stitchers' Society Facebook group. Behind her are all the lovely models that she has stitched for Ewe & Eye.
 
When we needed to stretch our legs, we were able to experience the delights of Marge's husband, Ray's garden.

 
So well kept!

 
With happy surprises tucked here and there.

 
a lovely place to spend an afternoon.

 
I loved the folk art tucked here and there to discover.

 
Beautiful

 
and peaceful.

 
and full of hope.

 
It restores the soul and is so hard to leave.

 
Thank you Marge and Beth for another lovely day.
We are already looking forward to our next visit!
You can find their blog here and their Facebook page here.
 
I'll be back with some WIP's that we finished on our trip and some that we just made progress on...

"As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
~Isaiah 55:10-11

Blessings, Patti

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

OMG wool heaven for sure! TFS Janice

Fran said...

What a great shop. Looks like you ladies had a grand time.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful shop and wonderful gardens.

Debbie

annie said...

wonderful, loved the photos!
thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

So nice to see all of your smiling faces! I so enjoyed getting to know you all and how gracious you were to let me camp in your workspace last year at Boxwood and Berries! Hope you have a great time next week in Spring Green! (Wendy...I did get the package you sent me. I haven't had any time to work on it yet but hope to soon as soon as harvest is over. Thank you!) Colleen

Marilyn said...

That looks like a cute shop to visit.
The garden is beautiful.
Marilyn

Abbie said...

What a wonderful trip! Looks like plenty of inspiration and creativity. Glad you enjoyed it!

Earlene said...

Filled with envy!!!
Beautiful cozy place to spend the day with friends.

Ranae said...

How fun!! Anna and I are up here by Osage, tomorrow The Stitchery Nook is going to be visited, I can't wait now

Rugs and Pugs said...

You take the BEST trips. Thanks for taking us along.
The pincushions are F-U-N!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren