Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Welcome to my haunted house!

We love Halloween at our house. Luckily we live in a neighborhood with lots of Halloween lovers.
Why don't you come in for a visit...
(Just remember, I'm the mother of two boys, so there's not any cutsie Halloween ;-)
We just went to "El Dia de los muertos" at our local art gallery to learn about the culture and art of this Mexican holiday and now I love my calaveras (skeletons on the left in this photo) even more!
This little shelf is on our mudroom. I didn't realize that I had a small collection of witches on brooms until I looked at this photo! The "Spells" pillow is by Stacy Nash and the papercutting on the bottom left is an antique from Halloween 1913. The lantern is a new purchase from Wildberry Gatherings.
This little corner shows another new purchase - my wonderful sign from GoldieLoo Woodworks.
I love these pillows that I made from two Stacy Nash patterns. The one on the right features a homemade key made by soldering two keys together - a neat antique flea market find.
These candles are on the windowsill above my kitchen sink. I love to light them and listen to the soundtrack from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" while washing the dinner dishes...
Another spooky corner featuring an incredible papercutting by Notforgotten Farm and a great tombstone ornament by Samplers Country Collectibles.
We love "The Nightmare before Christmas" and have the entire town on our mantel. (Like I said, I am the mom of two boys - no pretty pictures and flower arrangements in this house ;-)
You gotta love that bad boy, Oogie Boogie!

Well, you have stayed so long that I must offer you some treats! If you dare...
When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ‘tis near Halloween.~Author Unknown

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a fun blog! I love the haunted house decorating and all your folk art stuff scattered throughout. Can't wait for more time to come back & get a better look!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Oh WOW - these are awesome!!! I can't stop looking - back for another look. LOL Your displays are awesome.

Tanya

Petra said...

What a wonderful home you have with great decorations. I'd say your Stacy Nash finishes fit in perfectly.
Thanks for sharing!

La Donna Welter said...

WOW....I love your home!!!! How fun!!!!! Hope you have a spooktacular Halloween! : D

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and your friendship!
Hugs,
La Donna