Thursday, February 28, 2019

Handful of Posies


This Stitch from my Stash project was a market kit by Stacy Nash for the Nashville 2018 market.
I wanted to finish it before all the new things come out this weekend at Nashville 2019 market ;)


I posted progress pics on Instagram.


and finished the stitching fairly quickly.


I am just tickled with the fully finished pin disk!

As you can see, I did tweak the hand a bit to my liking.
I decided to make the stitched heart checkered so as to eliminate the outline backstitch.
And I changed the basket to a softer black.


I am so pleased that I think I will leave it out past February to enjoy it a bit longer.


I like the backing fabric included in the kit.


Here you can see the side detail of ribbon, stitched X's, and pins.


So sweet!

I didn't finish my final February Stitch from my Stash project, but I did make progress:


I stitched a bit on this while in the hospital.
I was so thrilled when the border worked out and met where it should!
But I think I am ready to move on to some spring projects and will put this down for another day...

"Love never fails."
~1 Corinthians 13:8

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry to hear about your hospital stay. Shingles are not fun (mine were on my side and back). I hope you get rid of them quickly.
WONDERFUL finishes!!! You are simply amazing ❤️

TheCrankyCrow said...

That SN heart pin keep is so, so, sweet! (And I do like your tweaks!)....but love your other heart as well... the fabric and thread colors are so enticing! Looking forward to your spring projects... I can’t believe you stitched in the hospital LOL....Now that’s dedication (and much better eyesight than I have these days!) Robin

vintage treasures said...

Love your work.
Is the second heart your own pattern?
Marie

Donna G. said...

Such pretty hearts. I love the red fabric.

Marilyn said...

This is beautiful, and perfectly finished.
Congrats on another very pretty finish.
Marilyn

Claire said...

The hearts are really wonderful, Patti. Happy you could still stitch with those shingles so close to your eye. Hope the antiviral works. I'm sure you're glad to be home.