Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Another Valentine Finish


When I revealed my February Stitch From My Stash projects,
I shared this Wooly Heart unfinished class project by Rebekah L. Smith.
I was so glad I picked a smaller project after my large "Snowy Days" from last month.


"Wooly Heart Pocket"
by Rebekah L. Smith 
From Our Hands workshop 2018 

Here is the finish!
The wool forms a little wooly pocket to add flowers, valentines, etc.
The beautiful comb painted heart is by Peter & Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm.


It was a fun quick stitch and I am not sure why I hadn't finished it sooner.


I used Rustic Wool Moire threads in Rebekah's standard colors
and enjoyed the specialty stitches.


For those that follow me on Instagram,
you know that I was hospitalized unexpectedly for three days this past weekend. 
I was diagnosed with shingles on Friday. The shingles are on my face and scalp. They were moving towards my eye and two friends in the healthcare field suggested I go to the ER. Once there, they realized that I am on immune suppressants and admitted me for IV antivirals. 
I am at home now with my comfort pups :)
Thanks so much for all of your well wishes! They mean so much!

Love never is resentful;
is never glad with sin;
she’s always glad to side with truth,
    and pleased that truth will win.

She bears up under everything;
    believes the best in all;
there is no limit to her hope,
    and never will she fall.
~Corinthians 13:6-7

Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

denise said...

glad you're feeling better.my hubby had shingles a few years ago.nothing to fool wtyh.

linda said...

So glad you are on the mend and didn’t take chances!! Enjoy those puppies!

Pamela said...

Your heart pocket is beautiful.
Hope you are feeling better!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

So glad you are home and thankful for friends who directed you to get professional help!

Prims By The Water said...

Having shingles is not fun. Hope all goes well. Love the pop of red it your latest stitchery. Janice

Marilyn said...

A very cute heart.
I hope you are recovering from Shingles, how awful.
Cute pups, they will help mend you.
Marilyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Thankfully on the mend you and I are my friend!! <3
your embroidery embellishing is just beautiful ~ it was an honor to make those hearts for Rebekah last year <3
L

Wendy Howard said...

The heart is so pretty. Your pups are adorable. My Yorkie is right beside me. Hope you feel better soon. Praying for you.

GeneGribouille03 said...

J'espère que tu iras mieux bon retour chez toi avec tes toutous très beau cœur une fois de plus Geneviève de France amitiés

Jean Bee said...

Glad you got the good advice and are in recovery mode!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That heart is positively stunning Patti! Your stitching is always impeccable...and, yes, the specialty stitches add so much interest. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery....that’s scary stuff. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin