Friday, February 22, 2019

A lovely gift!


Years ago when I was knitting, I started this tote bag. 
My knitting friends taught me how to knit on circular needles on a trip to Galena.
It's a lot of knitting! I knitted about a quarter of it, then packed it away.
A while back, I gave 95% of my knitting supplies to my sister ~ the knitter extraordinaire!
Of course, she considered it a quick knit ;)


Here is her family's new cat, Jack, modeling the knitted tote - it is more true to color here.


Guess what?!?!
My sister gifted me with the felted tote for Valentine's Day!
Am I lucky or what?!?!
My intention was never to have her give me the finished product ~ truly!


Don't you love how fuzzy it is?
Thank you ever so much Sis!
I love it so!!!

Love is always patient;
    love is always kind;
love is never envious
    or arrogant with pride.
Nor is she conceited,
and she is never rude;
she never thinks just of herself
    or ever gets annoyed.
~1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww....that is so very sweet!!! What a great sis! I love what felting does to a knitted or crocheted piece...My SIL made me a knitted/felted bag a few years ago...and I still love it to pieces! Have a great weekend Patti! Robin (PS - Jack is adorable and makes a wonderful model ;-) )

Marilyn said...

It's awesome!
Marilyn

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

What a wonderful gift and it is such a cute bag!

GeneGribouille03 said...

Une famille de bricoleuse bravo à ta sœur pour ce superbe sac, Jack sait où est la meilleur place pour dormir, bon week end Geneviève de France

Katken said...

Wait....is that the same bag?? The knitted one turned into the felted one?? How crazy is that??!! Love the color!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful bag! Will your sister adopt me?