Wednesday, February 13, 2019

A final "January" finish


This was my bonus project for finishing all of my Stitch from My Stash projects from January.


It was a fun little stitch - just a small part of a much larger design:


Maybe someday I will stitch the entire design...

I had an idea for my little stitch and I think that it worked:


I've had this old vintage granite ware container with lid for some time.
I added some green textured flannel for a little edge behind the stitched piece and applied it with magnets.


I also added the matching Needle Nanny to the front and some JABC pins to the top. 
I'm thinking that I'd like to stitch all four seasons of the trucks and 
switch them out each season. It makes a sweet little sewing box.

On to the February projects!

I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole being;
    and I will honor your name continuously.
For great is your gracious love to me;
    you’ve delivered me from the depths of Sheol.
~Psalm 86:12-13

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Great Stitch ,so different love it.

Marilyn said...

This is so cute!
Marilyn

connie said...

Lovely Stitching..I Love your granite container..

denise said...

Too cute!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is so sweet! Wasn't it difficult stitching on the black linen? It sure makes the design pop.
What a fun finish!!!

soleildelange said...

Coucou.....
Ravissant.
"Félicitations"
J'adoooore.....
Bonne Saint Valentin ***
Bises x x x
Solange

TheCrankyCrow said...

Now how sweet is that?!! I love the idea of using it as a sewing box and switching out the designs for the seasons. Perfect! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Patty said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Our projects don't always have to be pillows or framed.

Charlotte said...

Love how you used your granite box. Thanks for the inspiration. I have one with red trim.

Charlotte