Monday, June 15, 2020

Stitching with Mom & Pennies from Heaven ~ Volume 23


For the past several years, Mom and I have gotten together on Memorial Day weekend to create a pincushion together. This year it was:
“Slice ‘o Summer”
By Maggie Bonanomi
Originally from the Country Sampler Maggie Club
Now published in Maggie’s Book “Pure & Simple”

I so look forward to our stitching projects together...

I also have to share two of Mom’s fabulous finishes


“Wool Sampler”
By Maggie Bonanomi

Stitched on an old feedsack


You can still see faint signs of the feedsack - love that!


And I love how Mom put her labels in the center of each flower on the back.

And this amazing masterpiece:


“Fish Tales”
By Jan Mott for Crane Designs

This piece is so amazingly realistic!


The details, colors and shading really make a statement!


I can’t stop admiring it,


Truly a work of art!

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
~Ephesians 3: 17-19

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects!
Those fish are so awesome.
Marilyn

denise said...

Love the watermelon.I made it for my sister a couple of years ago.

Lady Locust said...

I love "Stitching with Mom" posts. And Wowza! a masterpiece indeed.
Also like the ending verse:-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your mom...and you! never cease to amaze me!! What a special tradition to share... That fish piece is incredible!! I can't even begin to imagine all those stitches...or all the ones that went into the sampler piece either. YIKES! ~Robin~