Monday, June 8, 2020

A Finish!


You would think that with a world wide pandemic and extended stay at home orders, that I would find plenty of time to blog, but alas I have not. I have been working remotely (mostly) and putting in a lot of overtime. I have managed a bit of stitching - always perfect for stress relief! 


And I have a finish that I am absolutely thrilled with!

"Raspberry Harvest Sewing Basket & Chatelaine"
an OCSG 2019 exclusive 
by Stacy Nash

It fits in perfect in my Stacy Nash corner for the month of June 
(see the whole corner in the first picture)


Just in time for raspberry season here on Winding Vine!


I was so happy with the basket alone,
but the accessories really make it.


I switched up the design and took snippets of the designs from the basket
for the front of the needlebook


and the back.


Love the oval pin disk


and the scissor pocket - front


and back.

One of my favorite sayings is so true here - 
Done is better than perfect! 
At least in my view ;) 

I know that I have shared the other finishes on display in this little corner,
but they are some of my favorites...


Another sewing basket with a sweet vintage rosebud fabric


and a little bud on the bottom.


A tray and a sewing pocket.
(The sweet Scattered Seeds Sampler strawberry was moved to another location with my newest finish moving in.) 


A little sewing roll up - front 


and back.


And another needlebook.

This little corner just makes me smile whenever I walk past.

Several weeks ago, Mom and I spent a lovely afternoon together stitching 
and I hope to share that sooner rather than later!

I hope that each of you and your families are safe and well.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
~Ephesians 3:16-17

Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh I love each and every thing I see here!!! Your newest finishes are stunning. I have done some of Stacy Nash's needlebooks and pin disks, but never a basket...they kind of scare me LOL. Yours looks finished absolutely perfectly Patti! And I adore that little Robin needle keep (for obvious reasons LOL)! Is that one of Stacy's designs too? If not a limited design, I would love to do it! Stay well...so good, as always, to see a post from you pop up! ~Robin~

marly said...

My goodness what a fantastic display. I love those designs and the final construction makes them even more special.

The Primitive Moon said...

Jestem oszołomiona tymi zdjęciami i cudnymi pracami, wszystko bardzo mi sie podoba, piękne rzeczy tworzysz.

GeneGribouille03 said...

Tout est superbe de belles finitions pour de beaux modèles heureuse de vous savoir en bonne santé belle journée amitiés de France Geneviève

Marilyn said...

Love your Stacy Nash display, all so very pretty.
Marilyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love everything! Your finishes are just perfect and to think you sew everything by hand if my memory serves me correctly. That sewing basket...be still my heart. The sampler, sewing roll and pin keeps. I am in total awe. Thank you for sharing.
I am retired and should be accomplishing miracles but sadly am not. I just seems to be spinning my wheels.
Looking forward to seeing the stitching time with you mom.

Annmarie said...

Your work is wonderful. The design and stitching is amazing and the finishing.....LOVE
all

SherriC said...

Good morning Patti, love love love your display and sewing bag. Do I have it? LOL looking through my stash. So anxious to receive our Summer Garden Sewing Roll, take care.

sue said...

All so very charming. Love everything!!!

Christine said...

Love love love all those finishes especially how they look against the wood background of the setting! Sometimes we forget how beautiful simplicity in finishes can look. Beautiful work!

Mary said...

Every project is absolutely beautiful.