Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The Humble Stitcher


Those of you that follow me on Instagram know that I have become enamored with the designs of Sandy Whitlow of The Humble Stitcher. Her designs are a joy to stitch. I love that her patterns are pdf's that can be printed the same day without leaving your home. And since they are all charted for DMC, you can probably start stitching that night!


I decided to convert the DMC to fancy floss.
On "The Garden Shed" I tweaked the bottom row just a bit. 
It stitched up quickly and I was a bit sad that it was done.


I finished it simply with hand-dyed rick rack.


I enjoyed this one so much, that I immediately started another Humble Stitcher pattern:


Again I decided to convert it to fancy floss.


I decided to leave the words off.
I love that white picket fence!


Another very enjoyable stitch...


I also finished this one simply with hand-dyed rick rack.
I am so happy with this one as well.


And I backed this one with a pretty French General fabric.

I have my eye on more Humble Stitcher patterns that would be perfect for late summer / early autumn. I think "Harvest Home" and "Indian Corn" are calling my name...
You can find Sandy's blog here and her Etsy shop here.

Thanks Sandy for creating such inspiring patterns!

“You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill can’t be hidden. People don’t light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before people in such a way that they will see your good actions and glorify your Father in heaven.”
~Matthew 5:14-16

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Both cute finishes!
Marilyn

denise said...

very cute finishes!

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your finishes are fabulous! I, too, like Sandy's designs. They are very well "constructed" -- easy to print, easy to ready charts. I really like the floss conversions you picked! Well done!

Donna G. said...

Very cute....and that French General fabric....Wow!

Prims By The Water said...

These look nice Patti! Janice