Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!


We interrupt our Bittersweet Stitching Sisters travelogue to wish you a
Happy Halloween!


"Old Black Cat and Friends"
by Pineberry Lane

I stitched these sweet pillows last October, but didn't fully finish 
until my week with the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters.

I thought that the little English Paper Piecing hexies added a little fun to the finish :)


"Hallowe'en Jack Sewing Roll"
by Stacy Nash

I finished stitching this piece two years ago, but wasn't sure on how to fully finish. With my Bittersweet Stitching Sisters for support and inspiration, it is finally finished!

I made a few tweaks on this design ~ adding a grinning Jack and taking Stacy's lead and adding more hidden objects in the bottom border. My favorite is the teeny tiny mouse in the bottom right hand corner. 


Here is Stacy's original design.

And just this week I had one final Halloween finish:


"Bittersweet & Broomsticks"
by With Thy Needle and Thread
(an abbreviated version)

My second "Priscillafied" finish! Inspired by Priscilla Blain of The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.
I used another $3 wooden pumpkin plaque from Target and set off the cross stitch with a great homespun plaid that I found at Country Sampler. A bow and some berries and I was all set!

I'm trying to finish up a final Halloween wool applique design 
and then it is on to Thanksgiving stitching!

We now return to the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters travelogue...

Hope everyone enjoys at least a little favorite Halloween candy today!

For it is by grace you have been saved, 
through faith—and this is not from yourselves, 
it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
~Ephesians 2:8-9

Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

kelley said...

those little hexies look wonderful...as does the smiling Jack...I love your stitches and finishes...

Marilyn said...

Great Halloween finishes.
Cute idea with the hexies, they really add a lot.
Love the Stacy Nash piece.
Marilyn

GeneGribouille03 said...

Superbes broderies j'adore la finition avec les hexagones et les couleurs tellement sympa pour halloween j'aime bien aussi la finition sur la citrouille très beau travail belle journée Geneviève