Friday, October 12, 2018

Fully Finished!


"Pumpkin Hollow Farms"

I had so much fun stitching up this sweet piece as part of the #pcpumpkinhollowfarms stitch along hosted by Priscilla and Chelsea - The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch
(Be sure to check out their blog and floss tube - you can click the links above.)


I abbreviated the pattern a bit and only changed out one color.
I was so excited that I had to fully finish it right away!

Here it is, my first "Priscillafied" finish:


I found the wood slat pumpkin plaque at Target for $3! 
They were so cute that I had to buy the orange and white pumpkin plaques that they had as well :)
(I already have projects planned for the other pumpkins :) )

I am over the moon with this finish. It is something that I would never have tried if not for Priscilla and Chelsea! I don't use many silk or dried flowers, but I had the leaves, bittersweet and ribbon at home and thought I would try it out. I love it :)


I think the orange fabric sets it off nicely on the natural wood pumpkin.
Thanks so much Priscilla and Chelsea!
And thanks to Little House Needleworks too!

I was so happy, that I have another fully finished project to share:


"Bushel & A Peck"

My Mom sang this song to me and my sister when we were little 
and I sang it to my sons when they were little :)
So it was a must stitch.
I changed the bird to a robin, but left all else the same.


So I decided that it was time to reward myself with a start of another Priscilla and Chelsea stitch along! #pcautumnacres. Priscilla drew the original chalkboard and Hands On Design adapted it for cross stitch. I'm having fun stitching all the "chalk" outlines and will "color" it in later.

I will be MIA on my blog for a bit. In just a few days, I will be leaving for my annual trip with the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters! I can't wait! I have missed them so much and we have a year of catching up to do... along with shopping, stitching, eating, etc.
I will have a full report when I return.
I may share a picture or two on Instagram while I am gone, so stop by...
(While I'm gone, you can use the search box in the upper left hand corner and type in bittersweet stitching sisters to see posts from some of our past trips...)

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—
the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. 
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
~Hebrews 13:15-16

Blessings, Patti

10 comments:

Joni said...

Enjoy your retreat!

linda said...

I so look forward every October to the Bittersweet Sisters Adventures!! Have a Wonderful time!

Marilyn said...

Both cute finishes.
Have fun on your Sisters trip!
Marilyn

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love the way Priscilla finishes. It's a little too fussy for me, but her ideas are so clever. Enjoy your Bittersweet reunion; the retreats always sound terrific.

Sue McQ said...

Have a healthy, happy and safe journey. Your pumpkins are precious! Blessings.

laceystitcher said...

I love your finishes; you did a beautiful job!! Enjoy your get together with your stitching friends; those kind of friends are the best. Happy stitching.

Sherry said...

what great finishes.

Wendy Howard said...

Beautifully finished. I love to watch Priscilla and Chelsea as well. Have fun with your Bittersweet Sisters.

Mary A said...

Have you seen The Saltbox Stitcher on You Tube? She posts about once a month and has a dry wit but her finished projects are wonderful! Lots of traditional and primitive finishes and she's a quilter too!

GeneGribouille03 said...

Superbe ce montage citrouille c'est une très belle idée bravo pour les belles broderies automnales Geneviève de France