Thursday, September 6, 2018

A Visit to Black Cat Stitchery


Last month I decided to take a ride and went to visit 
The Black Cat Stitchery in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois.


I was happy as soon as I walked in the door and saw the large display of threads!
This was just what I needed.


They have several rooms


and large displays of charts by many of my favorite designers.


where to look first?


So many charts to choose from!

I was so lucky as I happened to be there while Lori Markovic, of La D Da  was there teaching a class!


I've been lucky enough to take a few classes with Lori over the years :)


Oh and to see her trunk show in person! How wonderful!


"Virtue" really caught my eye! I love so much about it - from the bricks to the border and from the heart in hand to the wisp of smoke from the chimney...

And those sweet sampler bunnies! Who knew how precious and tiny they were! 



My plan was to come for some threads only, 
but now I needed to buy a chart or two.
Oh how to narrow it down?


Eventually I decided that these two needed to come home with me.


And I found all the threads I needed along with a pretty piece of linen.


and how could I resist this sweet set of pins?

I think this won't be my last visit ;)

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, 
that ye may abound in hope through the power of the Holy Ghost.
~Romans 15:13

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

denise said...

Those pins are adorable!

linda said...

You made great choices!

Marilyn said...

Black Cat is a great store.
Great choices to add to your collection!
Marilyn

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I bought Love Abide earlier this summer and hope to start it this winter. But now I'm thinking I need Virtue as well. It just never ends!

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely floss, fabric, charts and pins you purchased! Thank you for sharing some picture of the inside of the shop. Have a good weekend!

GeneGribouille03 said...

quel beau magasin avec tellement de choix très beaux modèles LADADA, très beaux fils et les petites épingles sont ravissantes bon week end Geneviève

Raymond Homestead said...

Looks like a fun shop to visit!

Erica said...

Thank you for such a wonderful review Patti! We have had quite a few people respond by coming to visit and/or signing up for our newsletter as a result. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again!

Erica Heyl
The Black Cat Stitchery