Thursday, June 21, 2018

Stitch Camp 2018 ~ Day 3


Another lovely Needlework Press vignette to start Day 3 of Stitch Camp!
 

Day 3 started with English Paper Piecing for this sweet antique pincushion.
Vickie pointed out how precious fabric was back in the day - each section was pieced to have enough fabric for each diamond.


And here is her reproduction.


Made with vintage silk ties.


And here is her pieced back.
I decided that I wanted mine to match my huswife, 
but plan to make a second with the wonderful vintage silk.


Here is the front of mine. 
A little snafu and mine is a five pointed star, but I love it just the same.
I used Vickie's technique for the fringe and added a vintage button.


And this is the back.
We also did some painting and antiquing.
I couldn't take pictures during that part as my fingers were pretty dirty,
but here is my final product:


A sampler shelf.


This was out of my comfort zone, but truly fun.
And I am really happy with the results.
It has a nice antiqued finish.


And I love the details on the shelf and rods.
Very nicely made!

 The classes may be over, but I still have more to share!

 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to make this freewill offering? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.
1 Chronicles 29:14

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Is there such thing as too much fun? I figure if someone was to know, it would be you 😁

denise said...

nice job on the star and shelf

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
Your Star looks great.
Marilyn

Annmarie said...

Oh My.....love the treasures and your choice of fabric. Needlework Press does such wonderful reproductions!!!

GeneGribouille03 said...

Elles sont superbes ces étoiles et le choix des tissus tellement beau j'aime bien la finition amusante de l'étoile avec sa petite huppe, très bien réalisée l'étagère bravo douce soirée