Sunday, June 17, 2018

Stitch Camp 2018 ~ Day 2


On to Day Two of Stitch Camp at Country Sampler 
with Vickie Jennet of Needlework Press.


Waiting for us at our place setting.


Vickie created a pattern for this wonderful antique Huswife from her collection.


This huswife contains six pockets for holding all the necessities of sewing - needles, scissors, threads, etc. that then rolls up and ties with a ribbon.Some of the fabrics on the antique date back prior to the Civil War.


And here is Vickie's wonderful reproduction.
She even included a cross stitch design for the sweet star on the bottom pocket.


And here is another lovely example.


Don't you just love this wonderful writing box filled with sewing treasures!


On Day 2 we also worked on antiquing paper mache including wonderful antique images


both outside and inside.
My box isn't done yet as I have some ideas for the lid...
But I did finish my huswife on Day 2 of camp (although it was rather late at night when I finished...


We had a fun fabric swap to find our fabrics for this project, but I decided to bring some fabric from home. Since this is all hand sewn, I felt in my element. I really liked the scrappy binding on the antique and so I decided to use a scrappy binding as well.


And here is the back. I carefully placed the bird near the top so that it would still be visible when I rolled it up.

There may only be one day left of camp to share, but I still have several posts to go as there is still so much to share!

And so, our God, we are giving you thanks,
    and we are praising your wonderful name!
~ 1 Chronicles 29:13

Blessings, Patti

10 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful pieces.

denise said...

very pretty

kelley said...

having the serious "gimmees" here...everything is so lovely and antique looking...thanks for sharing as always...we armchair travelers enjoy your wanderings...

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Yeah....I expected awesome and received 🤓♥️

WoolenSails said...

It looks like a wonderful camp and beautiful pieces. I do have a book to make them, maybe someday.

Debbie

Lady Locust said...

Oh what fun! And beautiful keepsakes.

linda said...

I love Vickie; I met her at the Attic which is close to her home. Your projects look wonderful!

Marilyn said...

What a great project.
Love that writing box!
Marilyn

Catherine abc said...

Lovely report ! Thanks

GeneGribouille03 said...

C'est vraiment sympathique ces rencontres ou chacune partage son savoir faire dans la bonne humeur les pochettes sont superbes et les boites très belles bonne fin de semaine Geneviève