Thursday, March 16, 2017

Slow Stitching


Stitching has been rather slow on the home front. I like to share finishes, but don't have anything that is near completion. Life is busy at work and at home, so my limited stitching time has been curbed even more.

It doesn't help that I have been flitting back and forth between mediums - wool, cross stitch and even an English Paper Piecing project that I haven't touched since last summer.
So instead of sharing finishes, I thought I would share projects in process.


I am so excited that I have signed up for another Rebekah L. Smith class at Wheaten Woolens in Davenport, Iowa! I had such a wonderful time last year that I shared a series of three posts.
You can find them here:
I've decided that I must absolutely finish last year's class project before this year's class in June,
so my progress is what you see above.


On the cross stitch front, I have been working on Stacy Nash's "Ann's Sampler".


36 count is a bit small to work on when traveling by train and bus on my daily commute,
so my stitching is slower than usual. But I think it will be worth it in the end.
As usual, I've made a few of my usual tweaks, but I don't want to share those until the finish ;) 
so these are just a few cropped peeks.


And yes, the English Paper Piecing has been pulled out once again.
"Stars in the Garden" by Yellow Creek Quilt Designs.
The central motifs are all finished and I working on the outer pieces.


Here is my last status picture of the same project taken last summer.
I've gotten so far that I really need to finish it! :)

Last month I had a post that included one of my favorite photo bombers.
I was surprised to receive several comments that people were happy to see Mr. Peanut as he hasn't appeared on my blog in a while. Sometimes I think people might get tired of pet pictures. I take photos of them quite frequently and since some of you asked...
Here are a few:


Peanut and Leia catching a few rays of sun during the dreary winter.


While they have such different personalities like most brothers and sisters,
they still love to snuggle!


Whenever they get a chance!

Since "finishes" still seem a ways away, I guess I'll try to share more progress in another week or so.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
~Colossians 3:12

Blessings, Patti

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is such a pretty project.
Love the colors.
Peanut and Leia are so cute.
Marilyn

Lillian Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your works in process. It's fun to see the projects you have chosen to work on. I just started Ann's sampler myself, the colors are so lovely. Enjoy your workshop in Iowa.

Unknown said...

I love seeing your work but I also love the pictures of Peanut and Leia. Thanks for sharing.

Fran said...

Your projects are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

sandi s said...

Your babies are precious! Doxies are my favorite dog, I have 4 of my own. Thanks for sharing. Hugs,

Krissy B. said...

Never enough photos of the puppies. They are so cute! Your work is so beautiful. I always look forward to seeing what you are working on and you inspire me to try new projects. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

I really love your projects! My eyes aren't good enough for xstitch, but I love wool and am on the verge of trying epp!

Lori said...

PS, The pups are so cute together!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your WIPs are all amazing.
I never tire of seeing pictures of your furbabies.
Happy spring :)
Lauren

Me and My Stitches said...

Hey, who needs a finish? Progress is the main thing! Love all of your projects. I wanted to take the class in Davenport, but I'm vending at a show that weekend. Maybe next time!

annie said...

Those are wonderful projects!
Love the sweet fur babies!

AUDENI OU Dona Mocinha said...

Beautiful dogs!!!

I love dogs, I love Doxies!!!


Audeni
São Paulo, Brazil