Thursday, August 4, 2016

River's Edge Antiques & Quilt Loft


Last year I had the pleasure of visiting Gail Grassel and River's Edge Antiques & Quilt Loft
 (You can read about it here.)
This year I made sure that I had more time to visit so I wouldn't be rushed!


It was a great time to visit as Gail is hosting a trunk show of Crane Designs by Jan Mott!


Where to look first?! So beautiful and inspiring!


I would have loved to bring one of each home ;)


The detail on the four seasons scenes were unbelievable!


I thought that there was so much to see last year, and this year there is even more!


Some of the models are Jan's and some are Gail's, but every one is gorgeous!


And in addition to the wool - the quilts and fabrics are breathtaking as well.


Upstairs in the loft, there is even more.


Including a fabulous selection of Valdani.


I was so lucky to join in the fun with Gail's stitching group and got a sneak peek of Gail's wonderful and generous free wool applique block of the month for August. 
These patterns are free for the given month here or at the Facebook Group "Wool Applique" - if you are a wool lover you will want to join :) 
(Previous months are available for purchase.)


Thank you Gail for such a fun afternoon!
Gail's website can be found here and her Facebook page is here.

And what did I purchase?


Here are my treasures!
I'm thinking that Crane Design's "Faith" will be perfect for Easter!


And look at these sweet fabrics from this year's Wisconsin Shop Hop!


Progress was made on my vacation project at the Stitch In - in between the shopping lol! :)

Next, I'll share the quilt show 
and after that there might be a little giveaway... :)

"You are my refuge and my shield;
    I have put my hope in your word."
~Psalm 119:114

Blessings, Patti

2 comments:

annie said...

I think I just fell in love, that shop looks amazing!
I love the bird designs on the wall, esp., and everything else too!
Love the mat of yours, very rustic indeed.

Marilyn said...

What a great shop.
The projects are beautiful.
That's quite a collection of Valdani threads!
Marilyn