Monday, August 22, 2016

A Prairie Schooler Year ~ August


I am always so happy to pull out my August Prairie Schooler finishes from over the years! 


This one was stitched way back in 1999 and I still love it!
I wish that I could still stitch "over one"...
I love how her designs pack so much in - so much to see in each and every detail!


Another tiny "over one" finish - the stork scissors give you some proportion as to how small it is. 


For this one, I pulled out my favorite motifs from a much larger piece. 


 Her designs never age.


Such a way with the shading of colors!
 So many wonderful garden themed designs - perfect for August!


I stitched this one 21 years ago! I always display it with this little birdhouse. 


I just love those sunflowers and especially the red winged blackbirds!
I don't want to rush time, but I can't wait to share my absolute favorite Prairie Schooler piece in September!

For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone.
If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord.
So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
~Romans 14:7-8

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You have an incredible number of PS finishes and each and every one is wonderful. Especially love the second little pinkeep ~ over one. WOW!
I hope mom is doing well.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Monica said...

I adore Prairie Schooler. I really think those designs are timeless. Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn said...

All of your PS finishes are so pretty over one.
I love her older designs.
Marilyn

Berit said...

They are so wonderful. I was just bereft when she stopped publishing--her color use/palettes are second to none, as are her clear, clear charts.

Bethtour said...

What is the name of the pattern/book number of the sunflowers and birdhouse?

Von said...

I remember when that last design with the birdhouse was published - I have always liked that one. :)