Monday, August 29, 2016

A 2015 Stitch Camp Finish!


When we were up in the northwoods, I also worked on a cross stitch project.
Cabin in the Woods Sewing Box was Stacy Nash's 2015 Stitch Camp project 



As I tend to do, I had to make a few tweaks to make it more reminiscent
 of our annual trek to the northwoods...


The cabin became a log cabin and I added a crow and tweaked the deer.


I also added a little lake complete with fish, a waterlily and a duck/swan.
Now it reminds me of the cabin we love so much :)


It is mounted to the top of a great prim tin cash box. 


The inside and all that goes within I had completed at camp last year.


Lined with red velvet and a complement of stitching treasures.


A heart pinkeep, scissor fob and threadboard
And a perfectly matched red velvet strawberry from my sweet friend Linda Lautenschlager :)

Another heirloom treasure to remind me of both the wonderful stitch camp and 
our wonderful week each year at the cabin in the north woods...

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
    our God is merciful.
The Lord preserves the simple;
    when I was brought low, he saved me.
~Psalm 116:5-6

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

pj said...

Love it Patti! You should be a designer! Ha! I haven't touched mine but love your changes!!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

just so beautiful!!!!!

LD said...

Beautiful. You still owe me a lesson��

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
Love your wonderful box and stitching treasures!!! You always do such gorgeous stitching!!
Hope your mom is doing well!
Enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Ariane said...

It's beautiful!! I love all the items together. Your stitching is amazing. I love the details you added to the scene to make it your own. Love it!

Marilyn said...

What Great memory box.
I love all of your little changes and add ons.
Congrats on your beautiful finish.
Marilyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love how you tweaked it. Beautiful finish.
Hugs :)
Lauren