Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Little February Stitching...

 
This time of year my stitching is sporadic at best. It gets pushed to the side along with blog posting and reading, Facebook, baking and all those other things that I enjoy.
It's busy season at work and the hours that I'm not working, I'm doing laundry, errands and all the other chores.
This is when I really enjoy my train commute - those 20 to 25 minutes are "me" time!

 
I've so enjoyed my time with Holly, but now that we are fully into February,
I've decided to let her take a little rest, as this project was calling my name:

 
Notforgotten Farm's newest kit for the Little Stitches Handwork Club!
This design called to me immediately begging to be stitched!
The only time that it is being touched is on the train, but it is enough to make me happy :)
I'm hoping to have it finished by Valentine's Day.
~*Please note that the fun thread holders shown above are by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm and can be found here.*~

 
After I finished cooking our spread for the Super Bowl, I started a new wool project.
I'm loving the old-timey look of the old wools and aged string.

 
This is a kit by Cee Rafuse of Early Style Penny Rugs.
Not good for a crowded commuter train,
it is waiting patiently for me by my stitching chair at home...
 
My posts will continue to be sporadic for a bit, but I am looking forward to busy season coming to a close and some sense of routine returning...
 
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts."
~Deuteronomy 6:4-6 
 
Blessings, Patti

13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those are both beautiful pieces and beautiful stitching.

Debbie

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your stitching projects are beautiful, Patti as is the wool applique project. Busy times make it difficult to blog, but I love reading them and look forward to more from you!

Clare said...

What delightful thread holders. Love the colours and stitching of your projects. Happy Stitching.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Such sweet projects, love your thread holders! Its so relaxing to stitch while enjoying a game or movie!
Blessings,
Carrie

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
Love the threadholders.
Hope your busy season goes fast so that you have more stitching time. :)
Marilyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your stitching is perfection.
Cee has the best applique!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

I do love your Holly stitching, but the hand with heart and the other wool applique is lovely! I find winter is the time that should be when I get a lot done, but alas, I think the grey days make me sluggish too. Lovely work!

cucki said...

Wow beautiful stitching x

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Patti, I really love your projects, don't see how you find the time. With my work schedule, I don't have much time for anything. You are an inspiration. Hugs, Lecia

Three Sheep Studio said...

Beautiful stitching !
Rose

Sherry said...

Love your stitching and your applique is beautiful too.

Karen said...

A version of the cross stitch lady would be a good design for a quilt block. I like that hand holding your threads.

Unknown said...

I love everything you do, Patti... that wool project is beautiful!