Wednesday, November 26, 2014

November Mantle & More...


I'm a traditionalist.
I like my turkeys for Thanksgiving decorating and will wait until after Thanksgiving before taking it down and starting the decorating for Christmas :)
I'm still working on Thanksgiving projects on linen and wool as well...


This month's mantle features reproduction paper mache turkeys, 


wooden pumpkins made by my dear sister in law, Joy, 


a faux bittersweet vine and autumn colored lights.


The autumn leaves are all gone now, but I am still enjoying those colors inside.


My Gurley turkey candles
(Thanks Carla for my newest!)


A quiet little corner.


A few more long-time favorites


My little collection of turkey salt and pepper shakers.


And a cross stitch piece featuring my favorite hymn.


And although these photos were taken before Halloween, I just had to share...

The corn shocks and indian corn on the front door were grown in my garden.


I was so excited to find these two pumpkin stacks at the local farmers market.


I'm still enjoying them, but this weekend they are destined for the compost pile...

Wishing each of you and your families a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!
I have so much to be thankful for!

"We gather together to ask the Lord’s blessing;
He chastens and hastens His will to make known;
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing;
Sing praises to His Name; He forgets not His own.

Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine;
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, were at our side, all glory be Thine!

We all do extol Thee, Thou Leader triumphant,
And pray that Thou still our Defender will be;
Let Thy congregation escape tribulation;
Thy Name be ever praised! O Lord, make us free!"

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

annie said...

All the pictures are lovely.
Every year I try and hold back Christmas. I don't want to lose my Thanksgiving! God bless you, hope you have a wonderful day!

BumbleBeeLane said...

I adore your sweet turkey collection! Happy Thanksgiving! Amy

Robin in Virginia said...

Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving décor! I really like the piece with the line from your favorite hymn (it is one of my favorites as well). Who is the designer for it?

Wishing you and yours a day filled with many blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!

Robin in Virginia

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I love your Turkey collection, terrific!!!!The mantle looks beautiful, love those tin lanterns Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Blessings Francine.

Unknown said...

I love everything!

Raymond Homestead said...

Nice turkey collection, love your displays!

Katken said...

I stitched those 2 pieces too.....love them both!!! That's it.... I'm joining Maggie's club next year!!